BRG--that is so funny, just what I thought. Yum, but watch out for those crowns! What are the toppings? Caramel, chocolate (white too), sliced almonds? Anything else? I want to do this now.
Thanks for leaving the post on my blog. I am glad you came over.
I love the apples. Not fair, showing a pregnant woman apples like that and not sharing with her or at least the recipe. LOL.
Lastly, wanted to add your blog meant alot to me. I scrolled down to the Trace Adkins song and cried so you aren't the only one. I even posted another blog entry just because of that song and where it lead me. Really hard but needed. Thanks!!!
This is one of my all time favorite treats of fall, but I have been totally avoiding making any because of these lovely silver torture devices in my mouth. The torture is really that you can't eat amazing things like this! Looks great!
I did this very thing last week with some of the women from our branch! I used Cindy Trujillo's idea and my own caramel recipe! I thought they were so fall-like and traditional and most of the Norwegian women who came to the class had never had one! Never! Strange what we think is normal is not normal for everyone. They LOVED them! Your's look fabulous! We OD'd on them after the second day.
Robin, Jen told me about your day of carmel apples! OH! they look delish! how fun! Jen said that the pretzel ones were the very yummiest! I thought that sounded SO GOOD too! I have THREE very old and very large apple trees in my back yard. This season they hvae produced a plentitude of beautiful apples. I have told anyone i know to PLEASE come and get some apples! Carmel apples will be our next adventure, especially after these ones turned out so yummy looking! Great idea for a VT gift too! so kewl! I think that is what i will do too!
16 comments:
GORGEOUS! I'm in charge of teaching a caramel apple class at Enrichment in a few weeks. Let me know if you have any helpful hints!! YUM!
Oh. my. gosh. I am salivating as I type. Are you going to share how you did them?
Yum. I want one.
Recipie por favor?
You domestic little goddess! Those look awesome.
I'll be right over to pick mine up.
You are killing me. They look amazing!
Hold on to your fillings and crowns! But man oh man do these make my mouth water.
BRG--that is so funny, just what I thought. Yum, but watch out for those crowns! What are the toppings? Caramel, chocolate (white too), sliced almonds? Anything else? I want to do this now.
Okay - here are my hints for Caramel Apples:
Wash all wax off apples. Follow carmel instructions on back of Kraft carmel bag. Use microwave to melt carmels.
Have toppings ready to go (cut up snickers, peanut butter cups, rice crispys [real good!] mini M&M, slivered almonds, oreos [not the mint ones].
As soon as you dip the apple roll it in the toppings, you may have to press them into the caramel a little.
Place on wax paper (spray paper with Pam) to cool. Melt chocolate (milk and white) and drizzle over apples.
YUM!
Thanks for leaving the post on my blog. I am glad you came over.
I love the apples. Not fair, showing a pregnant woman apples like that and not sharing with her or at least the recipe. LOL.
Lastly, wanted to add your blog meant alot to me. I scrolled down to the Trace Adkins song and cried so you aren't the only one. I even posted another blog entry just because of that song and where it lead me. Really hard but needed. Thanks!!!
YUM!! I want to do this with the girls. It will be a mess but YUMMY
Amazing. Why am I doing sugar cookies? Your idea looks SO much better.
This is one of my all time favorite treats of fall, but I have been totally avoiding making any because of these lovely silver torture devices in my mouth. The torture is really that you can't eat amazing things like this! Looks great!
I love these! Nothing says Fall to me quite like caramel apples, yum, yum, yum!
I did this very thing last week with some of the women from our branch! I used Cindy Trujillo's idea and my own caramel recipe! I thought they were so fall-like and traditional and most of the Norwegian women who came to the class had never had one! Never! Strange what we think is normal is not normal for everyone. They LOVED them! Your's look fabulous! We OD'd on them after the second day.
Robin,
Jen told me about your day of carmel apples! OH! they look delish! how fun!
Jen said that the pretzel ones were the very yummiest! I thought that sounded SO GOOD too!
I have THREE very old and very large apple trees in my back yard. This season they hvae produced a plentitude of beautiful apples. I have told anyone i know to PLEASE come and get some apples!
Carmel apples will be our next adventure, especially after these ones turned out so yummy looking!
Great idea for a VT gift too! so kewl! I think that is what i will do too!
Post a Comment