Thursday, October 9, 2008

8 is Great!

I have been blogging for 8 months now. I was scared to start. I thought what I had to say was rather stupid sounding. I got over that fast. I don't care that it is stupid sounding now.

Good Things That Come From Blogging:
  • I have made new friends all over the world - well mostly the US. They are smart and most of them have much better grammar than I.
  • I get a little tiny ego boost every time I get a comment. We all need that right?
  • I have learned things, that I didn't know, about people that I thought I knew.
  • I have laughed (Celia and Paige) and cried (Nie).
  • I can brag and exaggerate a little and and no one calls me on it.
  • It makes my kids happy to see their name in print.

I am sure there are lots of other great things that have come from blogging. What great thing have you experienced because of your blog?

8 comments:

Paige said...

So many things! Mostly I love the new people I've met. But I also enjoy the mini-celebrity of being "published". Plus it's an outlet for me and a way of looking at crappy things and making fun of them! You are a definite great thing, b/c Sally always talks about her great sisters and I always wanted to know them, and now I get to pretend like I do!

Sally said...

I am so glad that you blog. It is a treat for me to get to see pictures and read about your life so frequently. I think for the next 8 months you should post twice every day. :)

Anonymous said...

seriously - you make us all love blogging! not to mention we can save all these great stories and get them printed and bound at the end of the year to save forever!!!! love that you blog so much Robin - don't ever stop!

diane said...

I love keeping in touch with friends and family.
Reconnecting with old friends.
New blog buddies like you, are the icing on the blog cake.

Kimberly said...

Eight months, huh!?! I love that you're blogging because then I can know what you're up to. I think one of my favorite parts about blogging has been reconnecting with old friends - it has been fun to blog surf and read about what high school and college friends are up to. I've also been a horrible journal writer almost my entire life, so I get my blog printed (blurb.com is awesome!) and then I don't feel so guilty. I'm coming up on my 2 year mark as a blogger!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to blogging, but have had websites for 4 or 5 years now. My husband and I have moved numerous times in the past 8 years which means that friends have fallen from the wayside. Blogging allows me to connect with new friends, to share in story-telling with photos which I love to do, and also share informative bits of knowledge from time to time that may be helpful to others. Simple information, but you never know who may be wanting just that information on that particular day. I never ever look at any of my blog entries as stupid... none of us should.... because YOUR or MY bit of stupid information may not be so stupid to someone else. Yes, 8 is great, and so is your blog!

R A C H A E L said...

I love blogging. I get to post what is important to be, even the stupid things, and I love to see what others are doing. I get great ideas, and also get a feeling of community. I feel like people care about me and others when they say, "Oh yeah! I saw that on your blog!" Not to mention it is a great outlet to stand as a witness, so to speak. You never know who is reading, who you might help though your experiences. And yor blog makes me happy. And I have a great outline of how I want to be when my kids are a little older.

KDub said...

You know when you're so caught up in politics right now that whenever you see "8" you think it's someone either bashing or supporting prop 8 in California...

That's what I immediately thought of when I saw "8 is Great"