Thursday, September 25, 2008

True or False? L.A. Edition

True or False: You can't have fun at a theme park without your kids.
False.


True or False: I hate my hair.
False!
It looks great! I love what the humidity does to my hair.


True or False: If you pose next to a person much bigger than you, you will look skinny!
False - sigh.


True or False: Flying is safer than driving.

True.
Even though these pictures (at universal studios) make you think otherwise.


True or False: You can never go home again.
True.
We stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's old house to see what work is being done. The second backyard is completely gone! All the trees, garden, greenhouse, the stairway to the top of the mountain - all gone. After 15 years of neglect the property is a mess but the original poolside furniture is still there. It made me sad. California Pools needs to buy the home and turn it into a memorial to G & G.


True or False: Roland is really the Jolly Green Giant (ho ho ho!).
True.
This is my sweet Grandma Steimle.
She will be 90 in January.
I love her.

10 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I love your hair! You look so glamorous with the glasses, hair and smile. Orange is definitely your color! Check your snail mail for something from me when you get home:)

diane said...

Robin is having a fabulous vacation-true.

You look fabulous too.

Sally said...

That picture at the MB pier is great! So cute!

It was so great to have you here. I miss you already. Other sisters and everyone else, please come visit me.

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oh, clever you. glad you're having fun. Grammas are the BEST.

davers said...

Dang about G & G's place. I'd have been afraid to visit just because even if it was the same I suspect it still wouldn't be as good as my memory. To see it so dilapidated and marginalized by other owners is disappointing. It was however Grandma and Grandpa that made it so great. Good thing we still have her ... too bad I'm so far away.

Lisa said...

Robin-you're too funny! I was totally laughing at the true false question about your hair. And I do agree, you're hair does well in humidity!

Liz said...

It sure looks like you are having a great time! I am glad you were able to just go and relax and be a kid! And by the way, humidity or no, your hair always looks great!

Dani said...

Oh my goodness! That looks like a blast!!! I am so glad you had fun! and i am glad you love your hair...BECAUSE I LOVE IT TOO!!! :) you are so pretty!

KDub said...

I feel the same way about vising the old Steimle home, it was so huge, ginormous and filled with green lush when I was last there that the picture you had up kind of made me sad.

Except for that FREAKING AWESOME POOL made by CALIFORNIA POOLS AND SPAS aka OUR GRANDPA!