Sunday, July 27, 2008

Seeing Eye Bichon

THE REAL REASONS ROLAND'S RETINA DETACHED:
  • He detached his retina because he realized that his edict of "No Dogs" was wrong and he really does want a dog, but can't admit he made a mistake. So now we can get a seeing eye dog! A Bichon Frise perhaps?
  • He didn't want to drive the 14 hour drive back to Colorado with us. So he flew here first, detached his retina, and then stayed with a lovely doctor's excuse to not change altitudes because he has a gas bubble in his eye.
I think the Seeing Eye Bichon reason must be the true reason because who wouldn't want to make a road trip with us?

The "Rushing to my Blind Husband" road trip:
(He really isn't blind- It just sounds so dramatic)

Before we could leave we had to clean and close the cabin, it usually takes a day or two to do. But with this lovely cleaning crew we did it in hours.
Can you guess from this picture, where our first road trip stop was?
The Twin Falls Idaho Temple open house! If you live within 10 hours, this is a temple worth seeing. It is beautiful and very different than any other I have been in. It may have bumped San Diego Temple to 2nd place on "My Favorite Temples" list.


When we got to our hotel in Odgen (after midnight) I was beat down, grumpy, and on the verge of tears. This is what saved me:
Bath and Bodyworks Orange Ginger products. Totally saved the road trip.

The other thing that saved the trip? The mix CD Hannah quickly made for us before we left. 22 of the most enjoyable, upbeat, mom-approved, keep you awake in Wyoming, songs. If you ask her nicely (magic word) she will probably make one for you.

We saw lots of trains (see the one in the background? I bet we saw 20 trains):

Lots of rocks:

Took lots of potty breaks: (Noah was a little upset with me that I took this picture, I told him I wouldn't publish it, but I just changed my mind. Sorry Noah.)

Lots of Wind Mill Farms (go wind power! I think they are beautiful):

The true Wyoming:


The little Laramie house I lived in when I was 8 and my dad was working on his PhD:
And finally, the beautiful site of Denver! Only 45 minutes from the man I love................................

I know you are thinking that is a FUN road trip! So it must be the doggie reason.

8 comments:

Paige said...

I really wanted one of those bichon's until Celia told me that they have to have their "anal glads" squeezed. Uh, no thanks. but I hope you get one!

Sally said...

I think your road trip looked really fun. So glad the toiletries saved the day on Friday night. Amazing what a little thing like that can do for ya.

Hannah, please please hannah, is there any way I can have a copy of the CD? Please pleeeeeeeeeease? I need this CD. It will help me finish unpacking my closet and Lainey's bedrooms. Without it the two females in our family will be frustrated in wrinkly clothes. Please, please. Please?

Anonymous said...

my pleasure.
do you want a special made mix? or a copy of the "clean the cabin, don't fall asleep" mix?

Melissa said...

You are such a glass half full kind of gal.

The road trip looks fun. The temple is so different, kind of an Alberta/something else design. I want to see more pictures. We have friends in Hailey ID and they are very excited to have a temple closer, however, I hear the Boise people are going to miss out a huge amount of their workers that live in the new temple district.

You sleep in nice hotels. Good for you.

Noah's pictuter made me laugh.

I like windmills too.

I need the cd too. Please! Pretty Please!

Still praying for Roland.

Sally said...

Haynah! The clean the cabin mix will do the trick just fine. THANK YOU! :)

jenn and flay said...

I know exactly what hotel you stayed at in Ogden! We drove straight from Seattle to Ogden and when I walked into my room and saw the lovely bath products, I thought, "I can do another day in the car, really I can". Hope all is well with the patient.

davers said...

Man, I love windmills. Those "not in my backyard" freaks in Nantucket are complete wackos. I'd love to have those in my backyard.

I think you should get matching outfits for Roland and his seeing-eye Bichon. Make sure the outfit includes a bowtie and a tartan vest.

Ew ... squeezing anal glads ... I have no idea what that means but I think I'd be visiting a vet for the process. We have an analysis lab down the street called "analtech", maybe they could do it. Serious, it's called "Analtech" (short of analytical technology) with a big sign out front that says "Analtech". I don't think they thought that one through at all.

Linda Austin Hart said...

Poor Noah. I don't think he will appreciate melissa calling it a pictuter any more than Robin including it.

I'd trade my karelian for that bichon in a heartbeat.

HANNAH: I have tried to call you millions and millions of times but can never find you. If you will make 3 copies of the cd I'll mail Sally and Melissa's theirs.

I miss the cabin & am driving up there tomorrow. Or the next day.