Friday, June 13, 2008

My Morning Walk

This is what I saw on my morning walk:

Yellow Wild Flowers


Pink Wild Flowers (wild geranium?)Sad - this was right near the sidewalk, it is a baby antelope without it's head. I should have put my foot in the picture so you could tell that it is only about 12 inches big from back to hoof. Proof that the coyotes are doing well (or proof of aliens, says Roland).

Pink Wild Flower (evening primrose?)
View of Pikes Peak from the trail.

Pink Wild Flowers
Cows eating the neighborhood grass. There were 3 of them and they were very happy on the freshly mowed grass. This picture is taken right behind my house. I was a little nervous about those sharp horns. They weren't nearly as concerned about seeing me as I was to see them. It's like we are in India or something. These cows just go where ever they want. I am glad we have a fence around our backyard or my flowers would be history.

There is also a dog on my walk that plays fetch with me. But she was locked in the house when I came by with my camera. Bummer. I think she gets her own blog.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I loved seeing where you walk. That is actually my idea for my first blog entry. Well...when I get it going...after our vacation...eventually. I already took the pictures too. None as exciting as your poor little antelope. I do have black lambs and the ocean though. I wish I was there to walk with you!

Sally said...

the picture of the cow by the neighborhood entry sign is really funny.

I wish we could walk together! I would love that.

Lisa said...

That's quite a walk what with new flowers, the dead decapitated animal and scary cows. When I walk I just see houses and trees...now my walks seem very lame.

Melissa said...

What a nice walk! I love the cow. Moooooo.

diane said...

Wow, talk about wild life!

Linda Austin Hart said...

I wish we could walk together, also. And you identified those flowers correctly!

Berly said...

I saw those same things that morning, including the antelope. I thought it was a rabbit - but now that I really look at it I was wrong. I thought it was a coyote, but Warren had some other ideas that weren't very pleasant.