How does this happen? I don't casually remove them to talk on the phone. I leave them on at parties (oh! so many parties I have to go to), picnics, and plays. They stay snuggled in my lobes during basketball, football, and soccer games.
Occasionally, I have to take them out at the hairstylist's salon, but they always go right back in. Once I took them out at the dentist's office when I thought he might accidentally rip my ear lobe - but I put them right back in. I put them on in the morning, I take them out at night. Sometimes I take them out and put them on the nightstand, but mostly they go in the earring bowl.
It sits right next to my toothpaste, contact solution, and Carmex.
The ugly earrings never get lost. They wait, well organized, in my Earring Box. The gold earrings (that rarely get worn), the silver, the colorful, the pearl, the diamonds (all fake except one tiny pair) all in the right place. They don't get worn so they don't get lost.
They were so cute. They were the earrings that got compliments. What should I do with all these 1/2 earrings? Make a Necklace of Loss? Wear them mismatched and have complete strangers tell me that my earrings don't match? Get a mini Christmas tree and use them as ornaments?
I wish I could find the lost ones. Are they at your house?
11 comments:
I am sad for you! Those are great earrings! I hope you find some of them.
Still laughing about the christmas earing comment... ... ... ... OK, I'm done. Sorry about the super cool earings. You have great taste, and apparently an affection for turtles. I have been in YW too long. I saw 'heavy petting' and automatically gasped. I'm wierd... Hope you find them!
What a quandry. I don't know what you do with all those cool 1/2 pairs of earrings. You do have great taste in jewelery though.
Doesn't it make you wonder where some things "Go to die"? Like hair clips at our house? Where on earth do they all disappear to? And Spoons. Where on earth are all the spoons? We have 16 knives, 16 forks, 16 salad forks, 16 big spoons and 9 of the normal-mouth size spoons. What is up with that?
Sorry, tangent. Need more sleep so I can follow a logical train of thought. (Must follow Em's sleep boot camp.)
These is only one possible solution to your quandry. Make a charm bracelet out of the ones you have left! You can then wear it whenever you want to think about sea turtles, girl's camp, being pregnant or any other memory that you have.
I hate to throw away earrings, and am still holding onto a single hoop because I bought it when I was pregnant with Andrew. The sad thing is I know the mate is in a small town in Mexico, somewhere along a dirt road.
You have a ton of cool and interesting earings. Maybe you can tell a persons personality by their earing collection. Yours is full of vibrance, spunk, and originality just like you. However, if you took a look into my boring earing drawer it would say a lot about me. However, I did receive a spunky pair from my Kate for Mother's Day that she picked out special from Claire's at the mall!
Um yeah, they are at my house...you better come visit!
Never throw one away. The next day you will find the other one. Or just pretend to throw it away, wait til the next day, and you'll have both again. I love the little boy earrings.
I like the idea of a charm bracelet. You would have the most unique bracelet around!
3rd vote for charm bracelet. You have the best jewelry.
Charm bracelet===cute idea!!
I think earrings and shoes are the great equalizers, it doesn't matter what you weigh, you can wear great ones!! Hence, I have quite a shoe and earring collection myself, and I have quite a few 1/2 pairs!!!
Who says you can't mix em & wear em?
If Robin's earring isn't at your house but you find one with diamonds rubies or emeralds I think it is mine.
Post a Comment