Yesterday Kym (beloved YW pres) and I cruised up to check out our location for Girl's Camp. Kym bravely drove the Road Of Death in her mini van and we survived (scary story- ask Kym).
We arrived at the lake in a mini-blizzard (slight exaggeration) but by the time we got to the camp site - ahhh! The snow stopped and eventually - the sun came out! It was a good sign.
It is beautiful and we are going to have a great time!
14 comments:
Holy Cow. That looks too cold.
Looks different with snow. I told you that road is terrible! Kim looked tired and sore from the drive (She told us all about it). Glad you made it and made it home too...It will be awesome!
Makes me miss Colorado... kind of. (we are in lush green/not terribly humid mode though, so I like it here today.)
What is your calling Rob? I'm NOT a camper. I wasn't a camper in YW either (although I think I went once or twice, maybe...)
Rachael - we found a much better road for the drive home. I don't think we could get Kym to drive that again.
Melissa - you totally need to camp with me. I am fun. Sunday School teacher and camp director are my jobs.
Wow... the camp I went to when I was in YW was not nearly that big or pretty. It will always hold a special place in my heart though.
Yeah, I hope it doesn't look like that...with only four weeks to go, you really will be doing a polar swim!!
OH. MY. GOSH. I want to come to your YW Camp. I am a 25 year veteran, 6 as a camper, 19 as a leader!!!! I have done it all. That is GORGEOUS!!! How about a visitor next summer? I am speechless, it is breathtaking.
I really want to hear about the drive. That camp spot is beautiful, even with that icky white stuff everywhere. Castle rock looks beautiful too.
Our camp is in exactly one month. The snow there just melted about a week ago. It's going to be a cold camp this year I think.
It looks ideal. Will the snow melt by then?
I miss Girl's Camp! So many good memories! That looks beautiful and I am sure you will have a fabulous time!
Robin is the world's BEST camp director. Hands down. No pressure, Robin! This campsite looks so beautiful! And the baby is the icing on the cake, she is a sweetie, and made me think of Ruby.
I wish I could come to camp with you. How fun!
I have so many good memories of Girls Camp. Sounds fun!
Aren't you glad you don't have girls'camp in May!
You are the best girl' c amp leader ever! It will be great!
The campsite looks like so much fun! Your ward is really in for a treat with you as camp director. Remember how much we laughed at the Cascade 4-H camp? "We are the Pirates, who don't do anything..."
Post a Comment