
Today is my mom's 29th birthday.
She refuses to act like the old lady she is.
She doesn't complain about her aches and pains.
She doesn't go on and on about body functions.
She is hip and uses slang.
She is technologically savvy.
She dresses well.
She refuses to be like all the other grandmas.
She refuses get old.
She had some serious trauma to her little body in the last 2 years. But you would never know that. She wouldn't tell you.
My 29 year old mom is a super mom. She over achieves at everything:
She doesn't just have a pot of flowers on her deck; she has a lush rose garden that goes all the way down her private driveway.
She doesn't just bring a plate of brownies to book club; she brings a Chocolate Moose Cake that takes 3 hours and special tools to make.
She doesn’t just make a poster for the school project; she makes a 3 dimensional model with running water.
She won't just buy a Halloween costume; she will make one that wins the contest everytime.
She doesn’t just pick a bouquet of flowers; she dries, presses, mounts them in a book and catalogues them to find new and/or unusual species.
She doesn’t just take you to lunch; she takes you to
She wont just take you on a hike; she makes you eat plants on the trail too.
She doesn't just wear perfume; she bathes in it.
She is easy to travel with. She answers the phone like she just won the lottery. She will drop everything and help. Life hasn’t always been kind to my mom, but she has made her life beautiful. She is a beautiful woman.

She is a wonderful grandma with 16 grandkids! This one is Ruby.
She loves Alan-The-Good-Man. And she loves attention. Lots and lots of attention.
Hannah loves Grandma but she really loves grandma in Mazatlan.
Linda and her sisters (Linda is the 29 year old with silver hair - way stylish).
Linda, her daughters and Hanna. LA Temple - 2003




10 comments:
Robin, aren't you glad you gave in to your family?
Pork Chops
Ingredients
Pork Chops, thick sliced, center cut- 4 or 5
Yellow onion- 1- lge
Yellow apple- 1- lge
Celery stalk - 1
Garlic - 1 -wedge
Olive oil
Orange Blossom honey
Apple Cider vinegar
Thyme
Oregano
Trim fat from chops and place in fry pan. Brown chops on outside in olive oil and chopped garlic, along with fat. Do not leave them in the pan, but remove and place in oven pan as soon as browned.
Finely chop onion, apple and celery and spread over chops. Pour 1 cup vinegar into pan,along with thyme and oregano (approx 1 tblsp)
and refridgerate overnight. Never marinate pork except in fridge.
Preheat ovento 275deg. F. Chops will bake slowly while you baste them as you add about tblsp of honey to cover each one. Continue to bake slowly until chops are tender, usually 2-3 hrs
and remember to baste them.
==============================
Soup
Ingredients
V-8 Juice-lge container
Frozen Stew Vegetables 1 or 2 pkg
Stew Beef 2-3 lbs.
Frozen Italian Green Beans I pkg
Spring Water 2@ 8 oz bottles
Bay Laurel leaves 3
Place frozen vegetables in soup pan and pour in V-8 juiice with medium heat on
burner. If you wish to add water, only use Spring water. Trim any marble from beef and
saute gently in olive oil in fry pan, stirring to keep from overdoing and only brown the outside of the meat. Use just enough oil to keep from burning and then stir into soup.Add in Bay leaves, but be sure to remove them before serving. Warning! Bay leaves are not digestible.!
While soup is simmering stir in 1 tblspb each of basil, oregano, but use salt and pepper to your taste.
Allow soup mix to simmer for at least 2 hrs., stirring often to avoid burning. Depending on size should serve 4-6 persons. If you aren’t planning to eat the next day place portions in freezer bags and freeze until ready.
Yay for MOM!! Happy Birthday Mom. You are all the good things Robin said about you, and more. I love you!
What a beautiful tribute to obviously such an amazing woman!
Robin, i have enjoyed reading your blog. I don't doubt that you get some of your wonderful outlook on life from your Mom.
Happy Birthday! and Happy Mother's Day to BOTH of you!
Wow. I am overwhelmed. This is such a nice birthday sentiment and I want EVERYONE I know to read it!
In fact, save this blog item, because I hereby appoint you to write my obituary & give the life sketch at my funeral, and since I'm not planning on checking out very soon (see below*), you may need to refer to it 40 years from now when you are in your tottering 80's.
Teresa stopped by to wish me happy b-day, give me a present (chocolate truffles and "Naked Bee" lotion... yummy) and visit awhile. I wanted her to see your blog on Women's Conf. and when your page opened I thought I mistakenly clicked on my blog, because there was my picture! So she and I read this item together.
Then she looked at a few more of your entries and she thinks you and I ought to go on the road & do a mother-daughter comedy act. You can be Anita Renfro, and I will be a Mrs. Hughes, only better looking and much nicer! We can take Noah and Hannah with us to do the music segues. Hey, we'd be good! Any of you bloggers know how to get on the speaking circuit??
I had a great day with calls and gifts from my 5 fabulous kids, new clothes & a dinner date with Alan, and now this article.
Thank you!
I love you very much.
Mom
http://www.lindasnook.com
www.lindasnook.com
*I've decided to become a centenarian - see "Live To Be A Centenarian" copy & paste: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/02/earlyshow/health/health_news/main1002831.shtml
I'm going to blog about this next week. It will be funny.
Please explain about the hairdos.
You also forgot to mention she is the mother to you and Sally, two of the coolest chicks ever. And she looks great in that bathing suit!
Happy Birthday Mom! You are all those amazing things Robin said, and more. I love you very much!
And now, since it is already Mother's Day, Happy Mother's Day too!
-KK
We LOVE Linda!!! She is wonderful and special and a terrific Mom and Grandma.
xoxoxo
I hope you got ear plugs for mother's day.
How cute is your mom. She is a bikini beauty!
Great tribute to your mom. She sounds very much like you. Thanks for being a great friend and love the walks!!
I love this post about Mom! Now I'm craving a fancy chocolate dessert...
Post a Comment