Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bloggity Blog Blogster

I haven't done Comment of the Week for a while. The reason being that there have been some really good ones and I have a hard time choosing just one. Melissa is putting some great stuff out there for example on the World is a Better Place:

She is gorgeous. I bet she smells wonderful and stretches her little arms and face and neck.... oh, babies are so delicious. Newborns are so amazing. I wish they stayed newborns a little longer. Henry never did the newborn phase, he came out 3 months old!

You need to blog about Michelle Duggar and her 18th baby and whether a person can be addicted to having babies. If you can be, I think I might be addicted to babies. They are just so perfect, and delicious, Henry is really really yummy!

May 14, 2008 6:42 AMMelissa and Henry

The reason Melissa feels this way about babies (as most of us do) is because her babies are especially beautiful and she is a wonderful mother (sappy but true). I love whenever Melissa talks about her babies.

Then my Over Achieving Mom turned in a 4 page essay on what to name the gully behind our house. My mom and Henry.

She had 21 suggestions, most of them with exotic Mexican sounding names. I hesitate to post the comment because it is so long and this post is already way too long and I don't want to lose any readers. But she really is clever:

How about one of these: 1. Barranco Muerto de la Vaca. Say it aloud. It has a pleasing sound. It could be the name of a song. 2. Fox Hollow. Could be the name of a subdivision. 3. Groovy Gulch. Could be the name of a Hogi Yogi smoothie. 4. Crouch Canyon. Could be the name of a town in Boise County. 5. Golly Gully. Could be the name of a boyscout skit. 6. Awesome Arroyo. Remember Austins' Aweshole on the Middle Fork? 7. Poco Arroyo. Poco Cow Poop Arroyo. Poopoo Caa Caa Arroyo. Boo Bop Da Caa Caa. Could be the name of a rock band. 8. Spasm Chasm. Say it. I like the alliteration. Spasm Plasm Chasm. Could be a name 12 year old kids would love. 9. Wily Wash. Smiley Wily Wash. Could be the name of a carwash. 10. Curious George Gorge. Could be the condition of an overfed monkey. 11. Curious Kid Canyon. Could be the name of a curious kid's canyon. 12. No Trespass Crevasse. or drop the No: Trespass Crevasse. I like it. 13. Noah's Notch. hmmmmm i don't think so. 14. Antelope Creek. Could be the name of the gully behind your house. 15. Coyote Creek. Could be the name of the gully behind your house. 16. Al Jarreau caƱon. 17. Helichrysum Hollow. I think that's the name of the wildflowers you found there(Sulphur Light Perennial Strawflower)- if they become dry. If not, it might be: Anthemis arvensis (field chamomile) or Arnica, or Erigeron (cushion fleabane......in which case: 18 Daisy Ditch. Could be the name of a picnic retreat. DAISY DITCH. this might be my favorite name so far. 18. Barranca Encantadora. Could be the name of a lovely creek 19. Cala Seco. Could be the name of a dry creek. 20.Yermo encantado. Could be the name of an enchanted wilderness. 21. Abuela Loca Cala. Figure it out.

My favorite is a tie between Golly Gully and Boo Bop De Caa Caa.

Joe and Jolly. Pre-children.

Finally, Jolly (my baby sister Emily) encouraged me to blog more on the Scripture post:
Jolly said...

MORE BLAWG! MORE BLAWG! MORE BLAWG! MORE blawgitty BLAWG!

love,
greedy blawg reader

Jolly said...

P.S. you need to add KK's blawg to your list. The pains of keeping your blawg current. You got yourself into this mess. There is no turning back now, we all, devoted readers, will not allow it.

-greediest blawg reader on the block

Jolly said...

Or should it be:
-bossiest blawg reader on the block

or

BBROTB

Emily - get a blog For Crying Out Loud in a Bucket. You are so fun to read!!!!
.................

My other sister Kristen just started a blog. She is cute, funny and nice most of the time. Check her out and leave her some chocolate (comments=chocolate for bloggers) http://tangerinetulips.blogspot.com/
...........................

Tomorrow is Roland's birthday. I will be out of town so he won't have any fun on his birthday. If you have his email, send him some love. I worry about him when I am gone. Tomorrow is also our anniversary. Yes, That's right, we got married on his birthday.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary! We know about birthday/anniversaries in our family. My parents got married on my grandma's birthday, which is often on mother's day now. :)

Sally said...

Now THAT was a nice birthday present.

I know I have no right to say this, but I want Emily and Melissa to start blogs.

Linda Austin Hart said...

Have you noticed the palm tree halo over Melissa holding Henry? Fitting because she is an angel!
Happy Anniversary Robin & Roland, & Happy Birthday Roland!
Mom

diane said...

Oh your mom makes me giggle! Now I know why you are so witty!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am so angelic, halos just naturally happen above my head. Seriously, I have stacks of photos with naturally occuring halos.

Isn't Henry just adorable. Man I love this boy. (sleeping in my arms at the moment).

I think Emily needs to blog. Totally. And Sally too.

Happy Anniversary and Birthday Roland.

Emily said...

WOOT WOOT! Go bloggity, go bloggity,

GO!-GO!

GO-BLOGGITY!

Is that why you think I should blog? Because that is pretty lame.

I'll say it again: when Sally and Melissa get a blog, THEN I will get a blog. Peer Pressure Blogging.

But, I have to say, my EGO loves being told that I should blog. I just love it. I'm not going to lie. So, you can keep telling me that if you want. (please)

I love it.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!