Roland has a problem. He cannot stand Brooke White.
Our family likes to watch American Idol together and every time they show Brooke the poor girl looks so very sad and like she is mourning some great loss. Everyone else is smiling and trying to act like being in a huge popularity contest is great fun. Brooke looks like she is barely handling the whole ordeal and it bugs Roland. She hardly smiles, she bites her lip, she rubs her lips together like she is trying to stop herself from saying something she will regret.
Roland says, every week, that this is the week she goes. I usually throw the remote control at him and say, "Hey! she is the only modestly dressed girl in Hollywood! I don't care if she weeps every week! She gets my vote!" This week, in case you are not a fan, Brooke White - one of 2 Mormon contestants - had a rather tough time:
Okay, so she started over and no one has ever done that. And then when she didn't get kicked off she collapsed on the "safe" couch and Paula Abdul had to go comfort her during commercial. Poor thing. I think she feels miserable about not getting kicked off. The girl who got the boot sang a song that I really don't care for, but she sang it well. I wonder, as does the rest of couch-potato-America, how is it that Brooke didn't get kicked off? I am sure Brooke asks herself that too.
I hope next week she does a fun upbeat Neil Diamond song. Something that makes you smile and tap your toes. Brooke Sweetie, please, please, please don't sing You Dont Bring Me Flowers. When I was in Capital Singers (high school) I had a solo on He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother. I don't think you should sing that one either - it was horrible for me so how could you possibly make it look fun? Plus Donny sang that with his brothers - it is just too mormony.
Here is my choice for Brooke:
9 comments:
Robin - I tend to agree with Roland. She is starting to drive me crazy. She looks terrified and every time she talks she looks like she is about to break down. Yes, she is the only modest girl out there - I will give her that. But, it is time for her to go. It will be interesting to see what Neal Diamond week will bring us. What was the song you wanted her to sing? It wouldn't work. I hope she sings a fast, pace song. One that will get her smiling.
I don't watch American Idol, but I love Neil Dimond
I totally agree with Roland. Brooke started out as one of my favorites because of her wholesomeness, now I just want her to show some joy at remaining on the show. Her sad puppy look is kind of forced and she is way too apologetic.
I was suprised that Jason made it through this week, but happy, because he is happy and sweet (from all appearances).I think one of the Davids will win, I think it will be David Cook.
-KK
Dang! I knew there was a reason to watch the entire result show and not just the last 2 minutes. Dave only lets me watch the last 2 minutes... he puts up With the whole show one night a week though. I want to see her reaction to not being kicked off. I was shocked. The only thing I can think is that JCSuperStar just hit the wrong chord with Americans (Get my pun??? I'm so clever.) Obviously Carly had a better week... who knows.
Whatever the case, I want her to smile and not look like she is about to have an emotional breakdown.
David Cook will win I think.
--Melissa
I totally agree with you about Brooke. While we loved her, I do think it's time for her to say good bye and get rid of that little pout. She's DONE. BUT, did AL Webber not freak you out? He may be a genius, but that guy is weird. When he was playing the piano and the kids were singing I got the willies.
I can't stand Neil. He freaks me out too. What's with the freakers? Mariah Carey? We're Comin' to America- Today!
I still like Brooke. I think she needs a little better stage presence, but I think people like her because she is adorable and she's different. Blah blah blah I actually have no idea.
But David Archuleta. He is so adorable. ADORABLE. I love how he looks like he's just trying to breathe whenever the camera is on him and he's not singing. So cute.
Noah should be on American Idol. He would have really fabulous stage presence.
I like Brooke's fashion choices but, it is time for her to go. Enough already!
Dolly, Neil this is good freak show material.
I came over from the BP list.
Robin,
I can't watch American Idol because we are not hooked up to American TV yet. But, I had to comment because I LOVE Neil Diamond! My parents listened to him when I was growing up and it was even the first concert I ever went to! My favorite song of his happens to be "Beautiful Noise". Great choice. That girl doesn't look like she could sing it though.
Julie
Post a Comment