Saturday, April 7, 2012

Robin's Nest


So, its not actually my nest but it is on my front door so I feel very responsible for it. 


A few nights ago when the wind pushed the huge grill across my deck I was worried sick
about the nest and wanted to bring it in the house.

Momma bird is very dedicated. 
Yesterday we looked each other right in the eye as I planted flowers in my front pot. I tried to 
convey to her that I was there to help, not to hurt, her babies. 
But I don't think she believes me.

I took a peek at the nest yesterday and 2 of the eggs are standing on end. 
I think that means that we will have babies soon! Every morning I put my ear on the
 inside of the door and listen for baby chirping. 
All I can hear is mommy chirping but that will change soon.


I took this picture on the snow day last week. Can you see the long dark hairs? 
I think those are mine or Sonal's (she lives across the street) we are the only ones with
 long dark hair that live on this street. 
The UPS guy scared the mom off, so I grabbed the camera for a quick shot. 

If you come visit me, plan to come and go through the garage door. 




5 comments:

Kristen said...

So cool! You'll have to post pics when the babies hatch. That is when you need to be really diligent about not disturbing them, because if the momma thinks something is wrong, she will abandon them. :( That happened to some chicks we had one year on our patio speakers.

Linda Austin Hart said...

this is exciting! Lucky you!

Berly said...

I agree. I want to see cute babies!! How excited. I might have to bring the girls by.

Robin said...

Tonight at 10:30 I took a peek and one of the eggs has a hole in the top! Its all I can do to leave it alone! I think I will allow myself one peek a day.

Linda Austin Hart said...

Have they hatched? still there?