Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ike has been pestering me about not blogging. So here is a quick catch up:

Mexico

 Henry has the best seat on the beach (the best place to nap).


 Melissa and me on Mexican Mother's Day.


 Mom and the girls at Mom's Birthday Dinner!


 Poor David.





Aunt Robin with the sweetest kids!


Continuation:
There was a big long hot stuff middle school graduation event that is called Contination. Maybe they call it that to make sure that the kids know this is not the time to say "Yup! I'm Done!" No. We are celebrating the continuing of education by continuing on. 


 Ike's Jazz band played jazzy Continuing music.


 I hugged my Continuer - so proud that he will continue on.


 Proud family of a fresh young Continue-ate!

 Ike and Will - consider the vast future ahead as they Continue.

 Sisters!
I have 4 sisters and 2 of them came from far off lands to celebrate mother's day, my birthday, Roland's Birthday, and of course...CONTINUATION:







While they were here we visited Roland at work, kicked around Manitou Spring and Garden of the Gods, had a little BBQ, lunch at Naturally's (yummy healthy food). We also went on a road trip to Aspen and Vail for a few days. So fun. So therapeutic. Lets do it every year with everyone!



Girl's Camp


 Girl's Camp Rocks!

I was asked to help with the food at camp. We prepared for 320 people and let me tell you- it was so much work! Whew! Luckily I loved the women I served with:

 Melanie, Laurie, Me, Suzi, Julie


 I didn't cook for an entire week after I got home.

Well, that just about covers the big stuff!

3 comments:

Linda Austin Hart said...

very fun photo!

Cumorah said...

You have been a busy girl! Glad you were safe in Mexico, gotta love fake graduation, gotta REALLY love sisters. Aren't they the best? And sooo glad there are sisters like you who feed all those hungry girl-campers. One year when our stake tried having the wards be in charge of their own food...our 21 year old leader only bought bagels and candy. For 18 girls. For every meal. For 5 days. Needless to say, we all went home sick, and tired, and missing real food. So kudos to you & your crew. So much work, but I am POSITIVE it was sooo appreciated by everyone there!!!

Jenibelle said...

Scotty continuated also and he will go to Liberty High School!

I really, really, really miss going to Girl's Camp. It's not the season of my life I guess.

My sister AND mother came to stay with me for a few days for my niece's wedding. It was not blissful, it was stressful. This was the first time in 29 years my mother has slept in my home. We don't even put the fun in dysfunctional!