Monday, May 2, 2011

Before

The Basement:


Actually, this isn't really what it looked like before. Before it was filled with junk, toys, storage, and boxes.  It was impressive how much stuff was down there. Two trips to goodwill and 2 huge garbage days later we took the "before' pictures.



Then, while we were Europe this happened:



The drywall is up and textured, and the trim and painting happen next week!

I have been obessed by carpet choices all week. Imagine how much Roland enjoys picking out carpet when I can't make a decision. I finally left it up to him and feel much better now.

We are super excited for the basement to be finished.

Our amazing contractor is this guy: http://www.idealconstructiononline.com/  He is super professional and I really trust him. He will be in Colorado for the summer (maybe) so if you have work that needs doing - small or big jobs - he is your guy. I already have a list of bids I want from him for more home improvement projects. He is great! He is also my nephew :).

1 comment:

Holly said...

Thanks for the nice shout-out! Now we're never going to get home! :)