Thursday, September 23, 2010

50 Cent

Look what I found at the antique store! I've been looking for china I can use for everyday use but most of the china I see has dainty little flowers and that just wasn't doing it for me.

This, however, does it for me.

There was no price marked on the china so I asked if they could contact the seller, hoping that it would go for less than $2 a piece but pretty sure it would be more because it was a full set in perfect condition. Well, the seller was there and offered to sell it for 50 cents each! SOLD! I got a full set for $16. Such a deal!


It's called Topaz by Franciscan and replacement pieces are $10 on ebay! I totally scored. The seller said it belonged to the original owner of The Famous (they serve a delicious barley soup!) and was his personal set of china. La Tee Da.

I especially love the shape of the bowls, the weight of the plates, it looks brand new, and the fact that is it high quality china! The yummy carrots were dropped by my house, freshly picked, by Darling Kim, Nicole, Taylor and their cute puppy.

Oh Happy Day!

8 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I'm totally envious! It is gorgeous and so your style. I would love a set just like it, especially for .50 a piece and a full set, no less.

diane said...

So cool. My grandma had a set of Fransiscan Desert Rose dishes. I found a plate in that pattern at Marshall's. It is one of my treasures.

Robin said...

Diane - I saw Desert Rose dishes in another booth. I bet you could find those at your local antique shops.

Annie said...

Well done! What a gorgeous dish set, perfect for fall + soup weather.

Linda Austin Hart said...

very cool 1960's pattern

the wrath of khandrea said...

i believe if you're going to make "cent" cingular, the correct form of fifty then becomes "fitty".

congrats on the sweet score.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i can't believe i just typed "cingular" instead of "singular." how embarassing considering i was correcting your grammar.

i think it's time to pay my cell phone bill and get the nagging thing off my mind.

Julie said...

It's great! I'll be waiting for you to take me to that antique store. I love cheap dishes that you can use everyday. Well, you know I just love dishes in general!