Last night Roland and I went out with the Dean of the law school that roland teaches at and his lovely wife. They are an impressive couple. He is also a judge and she is a doctor. They have one grown son. They had never been to Colorado.
So we drove them through Garden of the Gods, took them to a funky Manitou Springs restaurant for dinner and then to the Pike's Peak or Bust Rodeo. So awesome! They had never been to a rodeo and this is one of the better ones. Last night I dreamed that we had horses in our backyard and they were talking to me.
Hannah called to tell us that she has 3 days off work and is driving home to spend it with us! Yay! She and Noah found each other in the back country and had a noisy emotional reunion for everyone there. She said that they did the campfire, Hannah sang "My Rose, She Died" and Noah did Sally-jo but called it Billy-Jo.
I am so glad.
Yesterday Ike slept in until 2:00. Today he worked out with Mr. World Track Star and came home bushed. He got a saxaphone today and is very excited to start band.
Gabe got a job (whew!) with the conservation corp. He will be chopping trees and fixing trails. Good deal.
I picked up my CSA produce today and - oh - it looks amazing! Like gold. We also bought pork tamales for Hannah and Ike to eat tonight. Yum.
I think we are going to go see "Despicable Me" tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment