To all the women who have:
- nurtured me
- bossed me around
- set me straight
- demonstrated kindness when they could have been critical
- loved my kids and worried about them with me
- let me borrow a cup of sugar
- let me vent and kept it private
- paid attention when I needed attention
- and taught me how to garden...
My Mom.
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley

5 comments:
Mom is awesome.
xoxo
I love that quote Robin. Fabulous. Although, I think I prefer my minivan to the station wagon.
hot dang! I looked great back then and didn't even know it.
Ditto Robin...I never would have made it to Grandmahood without you!
Hope your MOther's Day was wonderful!
She looks like Hannah...
Post a Comment