It's hard to believe I can complain about this face. But I can.
I know why they give the mom a pin when her son becomes an Eagle Scout. It is such a pain the patootie to get your son's project done.
I spent the entire day practically sitting on Noah while he works on his project, building a raised garden bed and re-doing flowering pots at Grandpa's nursing home. He had to call for donations and arrange lumber and soil and watering and drills and shovels and all. And I had to help him with everything. If I didn't sit on him he would go for a bike ride or call friends or take a nap. I couldn't leave him with a list of things to do because he would "lose" it.
But the look on his face when he was cold calling lumber yards looking for donations - he called 3 places that said no and was really discouraged when finally a lumber yard called back and said yes! YAY! He was thrilled! The flowers are donated, the veggies, the dirt, hardware, and now lumber!
Houston, we have an Eagle! Almost.

1 comment:
You are awesome to do that. He will be so glad later that he finished. They should definitely give you more than a pin! A trophy perhaps, maybe a spa day!
Post a Comment