Hannah in her Ranger hat.
Don't she jest look cute?
I drove Hannah to Philmont High Adventure Scout Ranch yesterday and dropped her off. Here are some interesting facts about Philmont:
- They hire 1,035 staff members every summer
- 27,000+ people will go through Philmont this summer
- Philmont is the largest youth camp in the world
- 137,493 acres and 330 miles of trails
- Philmont has 5 large cafeterias, a museum, a hospital, and Spanish Villa on their property
- Most participants will hike over 70 miles during their stay
As a Ranger, Hannah will rotate between 5 and 9 days in the back country with a 2 to 3 days at base camp. She and another ranger will lead a "crew" of boy scouts on their journey. She will live out of a tent all summer. She will spend the first few weeks helping set up huge "tent cities", earning her Wilderness First Responder Certification, and training for the Ranger position.
Hannah - excited to go to Philmont! (all pictures by Joyana!)
I was super duper impressed by Philmont. When Roland and I retire I want to spend a summer there volunteering - he can train leaders and I will help the gardener. Everyone we met was top notch, super friendly, over-achievers. The type of people you want to hang out with - like Hannah!
Mmmm. I love this girl!



6 comments:
This was a great post, and I love the pictures! Hannah is darling and her hair is my favorite! Meaning, of recent hair styles on Hannah - this is my favorite!
How fun, I would love to go there and see the tent cities and go hike with Hannah. She is going to have an amazing summer!
So much fun for her! I also love the pictures. Especially the first one. Just darling. I would go to Philmont but only with you. You make everything fun.
Hat person here... is the hat up for adoption? Love it and her in it too!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
I'm in love with Ranger Hannah!
xoxo
and here's the kicker- she will probably look as amazing during it all as she does in those pics. AH! to have natural beauty...
She has no idea how cute she is and how much shehas going for her.
Post a Comment