It was a dark and stormy night...Hannah and I were driving home from BYU late and in a snow storm over Vail pass. We came out of the Eisenhower tunnel (nerdy trivia: its the highest elevation vehicular tunnel in the world) going about 50 MPH and hit a snow floor with drivers going 20 MPH. I tapped the brakes and - nothing - we were sliding! I came within 2 feet of an accident before I was finally able to veer off to the left. I thought Hannah kept saying "Crap oh crap oh crap!" but she said she was actually saying "Pass! Pass! Pass!" I can't remember ever having such an adrenalin rush...ever.
We hear a lot about the Eisenhower tunnel on the weather and traffic reports. Now I understand why.
We are busy outfitting Hannah for Philmont Scout Camp. Roland has a tendency to go a little overboard, buying her 3 complete scout uniforms, 2 BSA hats, a million BSA socks, BSA belt buckles, BSA rain slickers, and an official pair of BSA gloves. We spent more money outfitting her than we have spent on all three of our scouts combined (that includes cub scouts!). She looks spiffy in her uniforms.
I would do whatever she orders when she is in uniform. You would too.
................................................
Ike. Everyone should have an Ike. Ike and Roland went spring skiing (at Loveland -a ski resort built over the Eisenhower tunnel) while I was in Utah. We had a snow day on Friday and Loveland got 18 inches of fresh snow, so guess what everyone wants to do on Monday?
................................................
Noah's prom is tonight. There is decidedly much less stress involved in your son's prom than in your daughter's. No hair, make-up, and dress stress. I insisted that they all come to our house for pre-dance pictures. You are all welcome to drop by at 7:00 and admire the finery.
3 comments:
This is a lovely post. I wish I was at your house to embarrass, I mean, admire Noah and his date.
I need to see pictures. Pictures of Hannah in uniform, pictures of Ike skiing or just smiling and of course, Prom pictures.
xox
Yes, where are said prom pictures? I'm glad you didn't get into an accident. I'm also glad to hear someone else is freezing this spring besides me. It's just plain cold here. No snow...that's the only good news, just rain.
Hear, hear. Need pictures of all the people in the stories.
I am glad you got home safely.
Post a Comment