Friday, March 5, 2010

Tall

 
Ike 1999

Ike is taking a day off of school today. He is healthy and all, but today is pretty much a waste at school as they just watch movies (High School Musical, anyone?) and have a dance to celebrate the end of CSAP testing.

In order to stay home he has agreed to clean his room, vacuum, do homework, take me on a walk, and write a letter for his Citizenship in the Nation merit badge. But mostly what he is doing is playing Weird Al music and trying to make me laugh.

For the past 2 years he has been telling me that he is taller than me, but no. He is not. So we tease him and call him shawty.
Ike - 3 months ago, still shorter than me.

Today we measured and he is finally taller! Only 1/8 inch taller, but still, taller. That makes me the shawty.

Got Milk?



3/5/10 Ike is 5'9"

5 comments:

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Oh my gosh! Little Ike is growing up - unbelieveable. What a handsome young man.

It doesn't take near as long for my kids (or any, for that matter) to pass me up:)

Hannah said...

... officially making me the smith shaowty.

Kristen said...

He is so cute! I think that is awesome that he is excited about being taller than you. Rocky and I are the same height right now. Probably not for long.

If you want to feel tall, come visit me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, there's something to be said for drinking milk and being tall. Right?? Or is it genetics? No curly hair like his brothers?? Handsome just the same.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Linda Austin Hart said...

I think he was taller than I at Thanksgiving. By the time I see him in May I will be looking at him & he will probably be 1 inch taller and be calling you "shorty."
I remember the years when your other 3 literally grew upwards.
.
Rocky is shooting up also and going to be taller than both of us soon. And Michael too.