Monday, January 4, 2010

Odds and Ends

School doesn't start until Thursday and we are already hearing rumors that there could be a snow day on Thursday (or at least a late start).
......................

Today I gave 6 teenage boys a ride to the $1 theater to see "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". They put the Abba Gold CD in and sang Mama Mia at the top of their lungs. They really liked "Take A Chance on Me." "Meatballs" was much better than I expected. But "The Proposal" is my favorite show of 2009.
.....................

Noah is applying for his first real job. My favorite part of his resume:

Work Experience:

Noah’s Piano Studio- 2007-current.

I run my own piano studio business. I teach five students from age 10 to 15. I select music and specific teaching styles for each student. Each of my students progress at least a level each year. I do billing, coordinate with parents, hold recitals, and give each student individual attention. I've made two students cry.


I told him to take the last sentence out.
...................

Tomorrow the Christmas decorations come down, or I could just wait until Martin Luther King day or Spring Break vacation.

12 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

you should've left that last line in. creativity would get him the job.

diane said...

There's no crying in piano!

Julie said...

I think Christmas decorations are lovely as long as there is snow. Sounds like you should leave them up until at least MLK day! Stay warm.

Julie said...

I loved the Proposal, Julie and Julia, and New In Town this year.

Salt H2O said...

I agree with khandrea. Love the last line.

Melissa said...

Noah is terrific. Some of my very best teachers made me cry.

queenieweenie said...

that last line just may get him the job!!!

too funny.

Anonymous said...

Must leave line in...

Makes him stand out..

Katrina said...

I liked New In Town too. Would you like some Tapioca?

Katrina said...

Robin, why am I lost on your blog? Where are all the other people's blogs? And why can't I get to your previous posts?

Annie said...

Awesome. I have to admit I have entertained daydreams of your Noah meeting my Lauren at USU eventually (she's still a junior though. The timing might not work). This is probably too public of a forum to admit that but oh well. (And see? I didn't even change my mind after the crying sentence.)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

How very funny that line in Noah's resume is! It is a classic.