Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where's Waldo...er, Robin?

Last night the YW asked me (and several others from church) to go to the mall in disguise and they would compete to see who could find all the church people. Here is my disguise, and Diane's. I think she looks too sexy for YW:It's kinda weird how Diane's wig wrapped itself around her face. In the picture below it looks like she is wearing a bucket.

It was interesting to see the looks I got. Most people ignored me but some would stare, I mean really stare. The wig was metalic silver, obviously made for Halloween and there I was, in normal clothes, walking around like normal. The girls found me right off the bat. The people who did disguise themselves were hard to find.

The mall hiders.
Click on the picture and check out the creepy guy in the bronco cap and his little boy with the fro.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny wig she's wearing... I think maybe it's just a tad to big for her head... What fun. Did you find everyone??

Snappy

the wrath of khandrea said...

this is going to come out sounding rude, and i don't mean it to. i genuinely want to know.

what was the point of this activity? it seems like a lot of fun, and the silliness of it would really appeal to teenagers. was there a point or a lesson with it as well? some cleverly veiled object lesson?

Robin said...

Andrea - its all fun and games. All work (on personal Progress) and no play makes YW grumpy.

Melissa said...

I was thinking the same as Andrea... thinking how maybe recognizing ward members in a non-church setting could help develop relationships... I don't know, something we've worked on with Primary kids is helping them know that the grown ups in the ward know them... but I was stretching ;)

Sounds like fun!

Emily said...

Robin, you're the sexy one in these photos. Oooh la la! I bet Roland asks you to wear this wig while you make him dinner. Yikes! No gray hairs in the salad!