When the boys are away the girls will play. Last night was the father/son camp out! Yay! So the girls got together and ate way too many Deli Ruben Sandwiches and then saw Julie, Julia which was a delightful show but please don't drag your husband to it, unless he is a huge fan of chick flicks and/or Julia Childs.
After 2 hours of watching Julia Childs I was ready to cook up a storm. So this morning Chris B (my SIL) and I hit the farmer's market and I bought all kinds of goodies including 4 types of squash, a chartushe sweet pepper and a bundle of basil as big as your head (pesto pasta for dinner tomorrow). Also an apple strudel, ripe cantalope, a five plant starter house plant, and beets.
What the heck do I do with beets? They are dirty and intimidating.
4 comments:
i won't even touch beets. i dry heaved just reading the word. bile came up when i typed it.
everything else sounds just lovely though.
I can't wait to see that movie!! Yummm...I love pesto. Beets...I've only had them pickled. That might take too long. Good luck!
Beets are yummy!
Just scrub them like you do potatoes, boil until tender. (this takes awhile) Cutting them is the trick when they are hot.
I use a washcloth to hold them and cut off both ends, then the skin just slips off. Voila!
They have got to be super healthy for you with all of that color.
Try it and enjoy! My mouth is watering.
I have a big bunch of basil and have never done pesto. Maybe I need to try that one.
I came home so hungry from that movie! What did you want most? I wanted the bruschetta she made in the very beginning.
Post a Comment