The Smith fam is scattered coast to coast this week with Roland and Noah in Washington DC, Gabe in NYC, Hannah in Utah, and Ike and I are here in Oak Harbor WA. We are traveling with Suzanne and Anne (sisters from other mothers) and Cameron, Ike's best childhood friend. I have been begging Ann for this trip for 2 years now. Two years is how long you have to beg.
Anne has these 2 perfectly amazing sisters, Donna and Janie, who raise/board horses, grow substantial gardens, decorate and make their own art, and laugh and laugh and laugh. They are delightful and big hearted.
My dream was to gallop a horse on the beach. Donna did her best to make my dream come true. Fear over took me and I didn't end up galloping at all. Ike galloped for me - I'll live through him.
Ike gets to know baby Bolt as well as16 other horses, chickens, geese, dogs and whatnot.
Donna, Suzanne and Anne picking a HUGE salad for dinner tonight.

Sassy Suz.

Donna and Ike

Ike and Bukie

Yes. That is my very own Cowgirl Hat.

These are Janie's boots, on my feet.
Yesterday we spent the day in Seattle:

This is the beach we hiked down to in flip flops - Deception Point is a good name for the place.

Doesn't Ann look like the perfect mother? Of course, those aren't her kids.

Ann, Me, Ike, Suzanne, Cam - Seattle
Tomorrow: Take a ferry to an island and hang out.
Much thanks to Andrew for letting me post in his funky 14 year old boy room.
8 comments:
Great photos, Robin! Love the last one of all of you at the Farmer's Market, but then I'm a Market freak kinda gal. Looks like fun and can't wait to see tomorrow's photos.
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
skip was in seattle yesterday, taking my kids to the airport.
it is a super fun place. i'm glad you're having fun.
Hey! I'll be arriving in Seattle on Sunday! Will you still be there? I love Pike's Market. It's so fun just to wander. Did you see the polish pottery store? Maybe you should drive to Moses Lake and see me! You definitely should.
NO FAIR!
Your family out to do a US Tour guide for families.
I hope Gabe is taking notes. We want to steal him when we go to NYC sometime in the next 6 weeks.
Of course ... make sure your family knows we'd love to have them visit if they ever drive I95 past us. We're just 5 minutes off I95. The guest room now has a queen bed and our kids would love it. Our kids LOVE LOVE LOVE your family.
Oops - first line above should say "Your family OUGHT to do a US Tour guide for families."
I LOVE Seattle-it's one of our favorite vacation spots.
Enjoy!
HOW FUN!
The pictures are great. Was it as gorgeous as it looks? I want to do that trip. Please make it an annual tradition with Anne and her sisters and you and your sisters.
Post a Comment