
I feel a particular attachment to the Olympics this year. I love the the Bird's Nest. Love it. I love it because it is perfectly awesome looking! Plus, they named it "The Nest". Because my name is Robin, I have always been drawn to the "robin's nest" symbolism, it seemed a better choice than the "robin red breast" option. I don't wear nest earrings or decorate my house with nests, but we did name the cabin "robin's nest".
So, whenever they mention The Bird's Nest at the Olympics I feel like they have thoughtfully and kindly included me.
Roland is going to Beijing next year and I was going to play the role of the long suffering, supportive, selfless wife/mother and stay home with the boys...but now - I am so going Beijing.Who wants to babysit?
5 comments:
I want some carmel corn!
Oh! Go to Beiging!
Dad and Jenny went about 25 years ago, back when people didn't visit China. She was this tall blonde girl in a sea of short Chinese people, they would just reach out and touch her and ooh and awe.
I like the Birds Nest.
Aghhh...cammon robin. Leave the boys with a chore list and a few packs of vanilla oreos...nothing will happen with you leave the 'country' right?!?!?! :)
Ship them to me. I will babysit. Actually, they will babysit for me. ACTUALLY, send them here to watch my kids and we will come with you and Roland. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.
Can't wait for the post from Beijing with photos of you next to the Birds Nest!!!
Post a Comment