This is a guest blog by Ike. Ike is 11 and always has interesting things to say.
Last night we stayed up late during a thunderstorm. So we went outside to check out how hard it was raining and the street was filled with running water. Our rain gutters go into our yard under the grass and so the water was pushing the grass up so it was bulging with water - it looked like a waterbed. My dad told me to go jump on it and it felt like I was walking on water cause when I walked on it, it made ripples. It felt like moving grass.
We were worried that our whole yard would wash away. So my dad ran out there with a rake and stabbed holes into the grass. Muddy water gushed out. It was dangerous because dad was using a metal rake and it was a big lighting storm.
Moral of the story is:
Stay up late. If we didn't stay up late our yard would have washed down the middle of the street.
3 comments:
I loved this post. I wish I could have seen the waterbed grass, it sounds totally wild. Aren't you glad you had grass to hold your dirt down?
Nice blogging, Ike!
so glad to hear you still have your yard - side note, do you know how to do a slide show??? Gatta teach me if ya' do. I tried, failed, tried again, failed again - need help.
Ike! You can write! I mean you can write interesting stuff that is fun to read. Do more!
Post a Comment