Monday, June 9, 2008
Elitch Gardens
Gabe is in town so we took a family trip up to Denver to Elitch Gardens. It is a 6-Flags theme park that has 9 awesome roller coaster rides. I am a bit of a thrill seeker so I totally loved this place.
This was our first ride, a simple roller coaster with a free drop and loop. It goes forward and backwards. It made me scream. In fact, I was worried that maybe I was getting a cold, then I realized my throat was sore from screaming on all the rides.
The Viking boat is my favorite non-scary ride. It is more thrilling than scary. We got the bench on the end.
Noah got a little hungry after 3 hours of rides.
This is the view of the Tower of Doom (dun dun dun) from the ground. This was by far the best ride. Roland took this 20 second video. It is valuable only for the sounds effects. It is hard to hold a camera at the right angle when you are in a free fall.
Ike got a little tired and had to take a break leaning on dad in the Twister II line.
View of Elitch Gardens from the top of the farris wheel.
We took some goofy pictures while waiting in line. Ike was the only person in the family that would go on Boomerang with me. It was the most thrilling roller coaster ride I have ever been on.We didn't have time to go on Mind Eraser so I am going back in September. Anyone want to go with me?
SmashMouth was in concert so we checked it out. I like Smashmouth and was having fun. The boys kept begging to leave saying it was "dumb". Ummm...hello! Smashmouth has, like, 3 hits! Then I saw this 60 year old woman. I think this is why they wanted to leave so bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks like lots of fun... except maybe that last video. She's special. I can see why your boys wanted to leave.
And you did it all while wearing cute jewelry!
Robin always has cute jewelry. She is a jewelry inspiration.
Elitch Gardens has a funky name but looks like a lot of fun. Your kids are so cute and handsome in these pictures! And I really wish the woman in the last video had turned around and seen you taping her. That would have made for great blog video.
I LOVE Elitch Gardens, and I will totally go with you in September! (Can we just wait until the end of the month after our baby is born so that I can go on the rides with you???) :) Looks like you guys had fun!
I love Eliches! Lee was just asking me the other day: "Whatever happened to Smashmouth?" Well, now I guess we know. They are at Elitches! ;)
I had no idea you were a thrill seeker! How fun. I haven't been on a crazy ride in years. I used to love the anticipation, waiting forever in a line listening to the screaming.
I love R's video, I miss him. Man, I am homesick for family.
Post a Comment