The dads all had smug secret smiles. They were enjoying the suspense.
I think the best part of the night was the look on Dionne's face when she walked in the door thinking she was running an errand with her husband, saw us all standing there, and assumed it was a party she wasn't invited to. She looked embarrassed, hurt, and too proud to acknowledge being left out - all at the same time. Then she realized that she WAS invited. Oh! How we wish everyone we love could have come with us! We needed to have 3 limos to include all of our girlfriends! It's not fair that they weren't all there!
Nobody knew what was happening. Then there was a cry from all the kids, "The taxi is here!"
Hummer Limo for Mother's Day.
The kids were pretty excited about the taxi. Once we kicked them out we were off for a night on the town.
Debbie, Me, Paula, part of Christy.
Christy and Dionne. There was a mirrored light show on the ceiling of the limo. It was way cool.

Michelle, Kim, Tamzen
Look how cute Jenn, Debbie and Paula are! Roland calls Paula, Paula Bon Jovi.
Paula said she and Steve have an understanding that if Jon Bon Jovi shows up on the doorstep and proposes, Steve just has to step down and give Jon his wife.
Dinner at the Melting Pot Fondue restaurant. We ate for 3 hours.
Our Limo Driver, dressed in camouflage, told us this would be a lovely picture.
Debbie, Me, Paula, part of Christy.
Michelle, Kim, Tamzen
What was suppose to be a 1 hour FHE at the Leisheman's ended up being a 6 hour party. We felt pampered and loved. It was so fun. Thanks to all the dads that did this! We can't wait to see what you come up with next Mother's Day!
18 comments:
Wow, that is awesome! Really cool. ;-)
What a fun night! I'm very impressed with the husbands.
It was a BLAST!!
Wow that looks like it was so much fun! I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Kudos to the dads/husbands!
that sounds like fun, but a mistake on the men's part because now they have to keep it up :). Can't wait to see you guys again.
i got to drive the car home ALL BY MYSELF.
-noah
YUP! The pressure is ON for next year Robin! LO!Ü
As i read your post for yesterday... I wondered if Jen was going to be involved in that group! I have been waiting on pins and needles and could hardly wait until you posted to see what you did! HOW FUN! and to my absolute DELIGHT! I see Jen's BEAUTIFUL face! How exciting to see her as part of YOUR blog!!! Ü I love that girl!
Happy Mother's day again!
That is so fun! Crazy--Christy was my old Mia Maid adviser! For the life of me, I can't remember her last name, though... Anyway, I'm so glad you guys had a fun night! What good husbands you have!
I feel left out! Glad you all had fun!
How fun. Good Job Roland! And all the other hubbies too.
I was all excited about the Cutco bread knife Steve and the kids bought me until I saw this! I'm really glad you all had fun and I wish I could have been there! It was fun seeing the pictures of all of you. No lie the guys will have a hard time topping that one. Next year will be a let down for sure unless you just make this a tradition! Actually, just ask for a plane ticket for all of you and come see me in Norway! That would top it for sure.
What a blast! That is awesome that the men came up with such a great idea, and that the boys kept the secret! How fun!
How, incredibly, cool. Yeah, I was telling Em that I called and called all over but they just didn't have any stretch hummers in Athens. Maybe next year!
Robin,
I am fairly new to all this blogging stuff, so i guess I need to find out if there is a 'real' way or a better way to respond to comments that folks have left on my blog. LOL! if you know... fill me in! Ü
Anyway, YES! aren't those Robin eggs beautiful! Of course you can share my pics on your blog. I LOVE the picture you have as the header on your blog! BEAUTIFUL!
HAHA! Thanks for the encouragement of 'risking my life' to get those pictures. LOL! I am going to check on them every day to see what changes have come! OH! but she (the momma robin) gets so mad at me when i climb up there! She is such a protective mommy! Ü
Thanks again!
xoxoxo!
What a fun night we had. We really do have awesome husbands! Thanks for the picture of Jon, it made me take a nice long sigh....what a hottie!
Major points!!
What great husbands,and what fun friends. The group photo is awesome when you click on it & see it enlarged.
Pressure is on to plan a surprise Father's day. I want gold high heels.
Post a Comment