Roland wants to be my blog coach. He actually said, "I am going to be your blog coach."
He coaches rich and famous executives all over the world (and over 12 Y-Ball teams) so I should probably jump on this generous offer. As my unofficial blog coach he has given this advice to me:
1. Don't blog everyday. Make them wait.
2. You should blog about___________.
3. Don't blog about EVERYONE's birthday.
When I told him that I was going to blog about him being my blog coach he seemed pleased. Here are my responses to his coaching:
Coaching #1. I only blog when I have something incredibly profound to say. If that happens to be most everyday, don't hate me cause I'm smart.
Coaching #2. Roland's blog ideas are always great and I will always use them and act like I thought of them during my long healthy morning run (uphill both ways) or while visiting the sick.
Coaching #3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALLY!
Sally - 10 years old.
This is what Nate would look like with long hair and pierced ears.
So darling!
Sally - 10 years old. This is what Nate would look like with long hair and pierced ears.
So darling!
Sally is my beautiful, smart, funny sister and my most favorite thing about her is that she is bossy in a nice way. She is wonderful to travel with because she likes to plan, is unfailingly cheerful, laughs at all my lame jokes, and she gets up early and hits the ground running. Plus she is very attractive so she is nice to look at. She is an amazing mom and she can run far, far, farther than any Austin woman has ever run- probably in the history of time! Oh - and her husband is tall, dark , AND handsome - score!
.........................
So after I explained my thoughts on his very wise coaching, I suggested to Roland that he should get his own blog. I hope he does! He is a clever writer and very witty - maybe it should be an advice column type of blog. He is an outstanding, world class coach and gives great advice!
What kind of advice would you ask Roland for on his new blog?

14 comments:
Roland should start a blog giving advice about blogging. I like that you post often. They are so fun to read!
I love your daily blogs. I really look forward to reading them. This is the only blog I check EVERY DAY! I love the birthday posts. And when I don't know the people, I enjoy getting to know a bit about someone who is important in your life. Of course, today's birthday blog is about an absolutely amazing woman! And I love her dearly! Thank you for posting about my darling sister!
Advice I would ask Roland for... Is it better to clean the outer ear canal prior to the inner ear canal when using Q-tips? Cause you know, the inner ear canal tends to have more waxy buildup, and cleaning it first could result in spreading that goo to the outer ear; on the other hand, cleaning the outer ear first my result in the Q-tip being a little less absorbant, or whatever it is that makes ear goo stick to it, so when you finaly get to the inner ear, it doesn't catch all that junk in there. Would it be wasteful to use 2 Q-tips/ear? I also would just want to ask if ear hair is difficult to clean around, just cause I wonder. I don't have ear hair, but I know many men who do.
-KK
Thank you for breaking Roland's rule to blog about my birthday. :) You made me smile and how cute was I when I was 10?
I hope Roland gets a blog.
Love you!!
HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY SALLYWA! Robin nailed it so well with her description of how wonderful Sally is--and now I want to go on a trip with you all, and Roland could stay at home with the children and advise them!
In all seriousness though, I would really like to ask Roland some advice about career and schooling decisions I'm trying to make!
Hi! I am so glad you found me. I don't really do the facebook thing, I do have a blog, so check it out! BTW- I can email you a picture of my mom if you want!! I know she would be happy, too! Also, I love Roland's advice, I am going to take into consideration, too!
Hi Robin! A little bird told me about your blog and I promise I will be a better friend and keep up with what you are doing and keep you up to date on all the Norway happenings. I really miss you! I've been looking into starting my own blog so I would ask Roland (and you) what I should name it because I think blogs should have a personal touch in the name. What should mine be? Also I would ask Roland if he has any new auction strategies. I hear there are some coming up in your neck of the woods and you should go so you can hone your skills! Love, Julie
I will let Roland answer your inquiries, if he so chooses.
JULIE! by all means start a blog so we can see what fantastic things you are doing in Norway. Call it Julie Does Norway (hmmm - that seems a little suggestive), or Robin Thinks Julie is Wonderful And Misses Her, or Julie Should Move to the Springs This Spring. I love all those titles.
All the auctions have been on Sunday. Rats. Who is telling you about all this? I guess either Beautiful Whitney or Lovely Laurel.
I think the Doctors blog should address such topics as:
-how to be photogenic
-smuggling fireworks
-losing gracefully to your nephews in basketball, wii, or anything else
-personal quotes (you can never have too many "well, Dr. Roland Smith says..."
Happy Birthday Sally! You (and Jason) have been a wonderful friends, mentors, and benefactors to Emily and I. I am certainly thankful you are in my family. Your sense of direction and decision is something I respect and value greatly. Whenever we are having questions about family, jobs, parenting, etc. and Emily is getting on the emails, forums, phones, to hash it out, I always ask later, "So, what did Sally say?" (Okay, so that goes for all you Austin ladies. Gems, one and all.) We always have so much fun when we visit you.
Long live Sally!
Happy Happy Day Sally! You are beautiful and wonderful!!!
Roland should blog.
Real men don't blog, they just coach their wives on how to blog. Real women ignore those coaches. It is the law of the universe.
Everything you say about Sally is true. Plus, she is brilliant, seriously listens to people when they talk, and then will quote yourself back to you later so you sound wise. I love her and glad she's my BFF. And my running partner, because last week was scary for both of us but we made it.
Paige - "Plus, she is brilliant, seriously listens to people when they talk, and then will quote yourself back to you later so you sound wise."
This is so true. Sally always makes me feel like I am super smart. I can't remember anything anyone says a day after they say it, but Sally can pull a quote from the 1990s.
I have to disagree with one of Roland's pieces of blog advice. If you only blog when you're truely inspired you'll loose some of your following. People will check into your blog daily/weekly depending on how often you blog. However if you disappear for 2 weeks suddenly they stop checking in all together. There has to be some sort of blog consistancy.
BTW- my birthday is in 12 days :)
Paige--your comments echo my sentiments exactly. You are awesome.
Salt--and the rest of you great comment posters-- Roland just has not realized yet that Robin is always inspired when she blogs. 14posts objecting to his suggestion that she share her creative genius with us less often is proof of her readers' approval. Her blog is awesome. . . hard to improve on that.
Sally-- I'm so glad you are my daughter!
Robin's Mom
Post a Comment