Are you thinking I should have named this blog "The Birthday Blog!"? April and May are big birthday months for our family. I won't hit everyone's birthday because:
#1. I don't have cute pictures of everyone (and you must post a picture right?)
#2. I don't want to do everyone...I have lots of big things to blog about, like my toe nail polish chipping off!
#3. I will forget someone - so don't have your feelings all ready to be hurt. Tell yourself that I will probably forget you. Then if it happens you will be thrilled!
......................
Today, April 8th, is Austin's birthday.
He is my nephew and was named after me- Austin is my maiden name. As my name sake he holds a special place in my heart.
He is everything a good 15 year old should be.
Plus he has big muscles in his arm from carrying around a stick to keep the girls off him.
Happy Birthday Tall Handsome Austin
6 comments:
Austin was going to be named after me...Michael Austin French...well my middle name anyway, but we decided that in order for him to get into the Smith's will and inherit any kind of fortune, we would need to name him after Robin. So at the last possible second...because those nurses don't give you ANY time to think when they ask the name...we changed it to Austin Michael French. Happy Birthday Austin!
Love Dad
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN! You are a stud. I love Robin's comment about the big muscles from carrying around a stick to keep the girls back. Ha ha!
Austin is Awesome!
Robin--you better post a glamour shot of me on my birthday, and I AM expecting it. BIG TIME. ;-)
But no one else has the right to expect it. Except maybe Sally. And Mom. And Kristen. And David. And Roland. And your children.
Okay, that's all. HIGH EXPECTATIONS. (Maybe some kind of written tribute, that might be worthy of a ulogy or whatever--though that is kind of a birthday downer...)
Bill- "any kind of fortune" is right. Like maybe my cassette tape collection.
Em- I have been working on your birthday blog for weeks.
Oh! I love this boy! He is amazing and one of my favorite people on the whole planet. Something amazing about him is that he can beat almost any song in Guitar Hero, another amazing thing is that he wears his retainer every night, even though the dog, Lulu, chewed on it and split part of it in half. He doesn't want to pay $100 for a new one, as this is already the replacement for the one Lulu already destroyed and the one he accidently threw away at school ($100 he's already paying for). One other thing you probably don't know about this 15 year old is that he is now 52 inches taller than he was when he was born, and he has mulitplied his birth weight by 14.7. Amazing huh!
This morning I was lying in bed remembering how tiny he once was, and how I would cuddle him close to me in bed. It is amazing to watch your child grow so much in such a short time! I am so proud of the young man he has become.
I love you Austin! Happy 15th Birthday!!!
-Mom
Love the big muscle comment!
I love Austin too! And I love that he is Austin Michael and my boy is Michael Austin. Austin is very sweet and gentle. I have terrific pictures of him at cabin hauling Lily around for me. He is a good boy.
Hope your day was wonderful!
xoxoxo
Aunt Melissa
Post a Comment