FRIDAY
Ike and I flew to Los Angeles to visit important people (Grandma, my sister and her family, and Welch Relatives). Roland joined us there.
The very first thing we did was grab little L and go visit Grandma who is 93 and just as spry as can be. Oh, I do love her.
Then, of course.
SATURDAY
Roland took the nephews to Target and they had a great time.
Cousin Fun!
Descanso Gardens with Sally. Such a beautiful place.
The camellia forest was simply amazing and the cherry trees were in bloom.
We ate dinner in a Mexican restaurant right on Hermosa Beach and
saw Hunger Games in a fancy LA theater with valets and reserved seating.
- Slept in and acted lazy.
- Drove to Oceanside on the Coast Highway and decided to buy a nice beach house on Balboa Island (we took the ferry over) after we win the $670 million lottery.
- Checked into our resort in time to catch a nap.
- Visited Aunt Kathy, Uncle Mike and Kaitlyn.
- It was so nice to see them again and have a delicious dinner.
- I love them.
- Very Much.
MONDAY
IKE! Look behind you! Its Shamu!
SeaWorld fish.
Sea World is much bigger and impersonal than I remember it. But we still had fun.
Ike's kind of lunch.
Mormon Battalion in San Diego. A nice place to hang on your parents.
La Jolla Beach
TUESDAY!
Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum. I love this kind of thing.
They had docents that actually served on the carrier and we had a nice long visit with one of them - handsome guy - and he shared all kinds of exciting stories. Said he would do it all again in a heartbeat.
Then we had lunch at The Fish Market next door. So good. Fresh fish.
Balboa Park
I do love a nice botanical garden.
Balboa Park is awesome, kicking around the museums, and then relaxing in the planetarium/IMAX show.
WEDNESDAY
You didn't think we would go to So Cal and not hit a theme park, did you? We went to Knotts Berry Farms where Ike rode every scary ride and I rode some of them. I have an awesome picture of Roland, Ike, and I on a roller coaster. We look like we are going to die. But I can't get my scanner to work so I can't post it. I'll work on getting it scanned. It is awesome.
After a satisfying dinner in a funky Italian restaurant with our extended family we prepared to head back home.
THURSDAY
We bought a car in Los Angeles. We didn't plan to buy a car but we found a deal that was too good to be true, but actually ended up being true! So Ike and I headed out to drive the car home. It took 2 days and we drove the Vegas Strip (I like the old signs the best).
FRIDAY
We drove the rest of the way home. The drive from Richfield to Green River Utah brought out the geologist in me and I stopped at every roadside view pullout. One sign called it a geologist's play land. I can't wait to to back and go on bike rides with Roland.
If you click on the bottom picture you can see Ike throwing rocks off a cliff and practically giving me a heart attack. Too scary.
The End.






















3 comments:
Balboa Island & surrounding area- playground of my youth.
Nice post. Thanks for sharing.
Very fun trip and nice photos. It was fun to see you.
Robin, it looks like a pleasant trip, but I'm here to tell you that you could have gone to Rexburg, ID. They have reserved seating at their theatre too.
Just sayin'...
Post a Comment