Friday, September 9, 2011

Odds and Ends

We really have had such a great week. We kicked off Labor day weekend at the Alison Krauss concert at Red Rocks in Denver. Have you been to Red Rocks? Wow! Do you like Alison Krauss? Wow! Both were new to me and I am a new fan of both. It was awesome. If you want to go to there I will drive and buy soda for everyone. I want to go to lots more concerts there. Mike and Chris say Fiddlers Green is a better venue - but I haven't been there yet. I better check it out too.

 Roland got great seats near the front.


 They played in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou", a Smith family favorite. And they played a piece from the show. It was such a fun concert and we left feeling cheerful and young! Ah...the power of music.

Here is a short little video I took of the afore mentioned song:



We finally, after 18 months of searching, found an island on Craigslist! Yay! It fits the kitchen perfectly and makes me feel like I have a real kitchen.

Should I paint my hickory cabinets? What do you think?

Hannah came home for a visit before she rushes off to Alaska again. I'll do an Alaska post soon. She has beautiful strong arm muscles and is very happy with her life. Its so nice to have another woman in the house. She went to Zumba with me and we laughed the whole way through. 
Mike, Chris, Roland, Hannah, Ike and I went to Denver to see Les Miserables. I forced Ike to listen to the sound track for about a week before the show and made him learn the general outline of the story so he would enjoy it more. We had seats on the 5th row. It was so amazing. I love the first half of Les Miserables about 5 times more than the second half, but even so, I love everything about this show. Love.


Ike didn't get to bed until 12:30 that night and he had basketball practice at 6:00 AM. He is a tired puppy.

Speaking of puppy, the pressure is mounting. I think Roland is going to cave pretty soon here. I have Hannah and Ike pushing him gently and lovingly towards the puppy edge.

We are canning peaches this weekend. I love the way peaches make the house smell. Ike has his first marching band performance tomorrow. He plays Count Basie for me in the car and fast forwards to his favorite parts. Its going to be a great weekend! I hope yours is lovely too!

2 comments:

Cumorah said...

You went to Zumba. With Hannah? And didn't notify me. Oh for shame. I happen to seriously heart zumba. Anytime you want someone to go and laugh & shake it with you...I will be there in a heartbeat!!! {And jealous over Alison Krauss. One of my faves!}

Linda Austin Hart said...

and as I read I was thinking you bought an island with a palm tree that we could sit under..dang it