Monday, May 4, 2009

Roid Rage

Have you used a steroid lately? On Friday the Dr. put me on Prednisone for strep. It is a wonder drug that nearly cured me by Saturday. Amazing stuff. Noah has been teasing me about the steroid saying that my back is getting hairy, my arms are getting pimply, my voice has dropped, and my Adam's apple is visable.

Roid Rage + Menopause is not a good combination. I am trying to manipulate Noah into arranging a Hymn (any Hymn will do) for my birthday. He doesn't want to. So I told him he had to. I, the person who gave him life and has paid well over $20,000 (including the piano) for his lessons, am forcing him to arrange a hymn. When he didn't respond the way I wanted I felt a horrible need to cry (menopause) and hit (roid rage) at the same time.

Not good. Instead, I just sat on the couch and read through the Costco coupons until I was calm.

(I'm not menopausing yet, but recently 2 people have asked me if I was. Why did they ask? Do I look old? Was I acting hysterical? Is it because I have a 21 year old child? My hair is thinning? I'm hording chocolate? I've lost my sense of style? Am I drying up? What ARE the signs of menopause? Can people actually tell? Is it really as bad as puberty?)

I only have one Prednisone left.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Maybe you should get in a good workout before the roids are gone, so that when you need to hit you can put some muscle behind it!

I think people who ask about menopause are thinking about themselves and looking for someone, anyone, who can relate. You look young, healthy and juicy, not dry at all.

Has anyone ever called you juicy before? I bet that is a first.

I hope your throat feels much better.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

I have found that menopause is something women do not talk about. But if you go online with a symptom, you end up thinking you have cancer. It definitely needs to be talked about more.
I love the roid rage story! You deserve a hymn, darn it!

Salt H2O said...

Serioulsy, people asked you if you were menapausing yet?

My instant reaction would be to grab them by the hair pull them to their knees, smiling with clenched teeth and ask "what do you think?!?"

Jen and Kent said...

Costco coupons have the same effect on me...very calming.

p.s. asking someone if they are menopausing is like asking someone if they are pregnant when they are not. Just something you should never do...so rude!!! btw, does being called juicy and moist make you feel better? :)

Linda Austin Hart said...

Very funny. And so are the comments