Two years ago this week we moved from Beautiful Boise, our hometown of 23 years, to Colorado Springs. It was a terrifying move for me. I cried for days and days. I didn't want to leave my family and friends. I still miss them.
Moving was wonderful for our family. So many great things have happened to us here in Colorado. Roland has a dream job, we have wonderful neighbors, John Denver wrote songs about this place, we love our ward, the kids are happy and healthy, the Rocky Mountains sit in our front yard and the great plains start in our backyard, it is sunny almost everyday (even when there is a blizzard! most snowdays end up being sunny and warm) and Hello! Colorado Springs is a tourist town!
What follows is a brief (compared to what I could do) photo review of our first year in Colorado:
We had to cross the Continental Divide several times to get here.
Let it snow! Colorado knows how to do the snow.
Garden of the Gods impresses everyone. We go at least once a month.Here is my mom being very impressed.
We like to take our visitors to the Air Force Academy.
Its so nice to be close to Roland's Family.Mike, Dorene, and Roland.
Grandpa Smith.
Rocky Mountains on a Sunday afternoon drive.Cathedral Rock Ranch
This is the street to our house. See Pikes Peak in the background.I get to see that everyday.
Lots of cool places to hike and climb, right in town.Red Rocks Quary.
Festivals, celebrations, fairs. Lots of activities to do.
Santa's Workshop and the Peel Boys.
Gabe found his inner self here.
Ike made a friend.
And that gave him confidence to make more friends.
Noah made some pretty friends.
Gabe made some nice friends(all of these boys are on missions now!)
Of course, I made friends.
Even Roland made friends!
Did I mention The Snow?I'm glad we live here. It was a huge personal risk for me...but it turned out great!

15 comments:
What a fun post to read! Congratulations on 2 years of crazy weather and difficult gardening. I know how much you have loved it there, and to any of Robin's friends from Colorado who read this--she has really loved making friends there and always talks about how fun and wonderful her friends are (pretty darn sure she feels this way about her Boise friends too!).
Cathedral Rock Ranch looks awesome. We had such a great time visiting you last year, honestly, one of my favorite trips I've ever taken with the kids. If you ever decide to move, you better give us plenty of warning so we can come visit again before you go.
WE LOVE THE SMITH FAMILY. I am so glad you moved here 2 years ago. I remember your first Sunday here. I thought, "She is a beautiful woman and I want to meet her." I also loved your kids. Thanks for all you do for my family and your continuing humor. I love it!!! I hope y'all stay here for a long time.
This was super fun to read! I liked seeing your kids in all their adventures. I want to go to all those places you mentioned with you. I also want to go to Julia Davis Park with you, and Ann Morrison, and Lucky Peak (not quite as impressive as Pike's Peak), and BoDo...Oh wait, that would mean you have to move back to Boise.
Well, before you do that. I want to come and visit you too!
I love and miss you and your family!
We love having you here. And you are one awesome camp director. You are great, Roland is great, your kids are great. We are lucky to have you here!
Robin, I have to say, I feel personally very blessed by your family living here. You have been a great friend, even though I have not been as good a friend, and definitely a poor VT, I feel lucky to know you and yours!!
I meant to leave a comment on Gabe's "inner self" photo.
BWAAAHHHAAAHHHAAHHHAA!!!
I laughed for a good 10 min. So did my whole family down here in AZ. Hooray for 'Inner Gabe'!
Really enjoyed looking at all these pics & getting a recap. There are many places I want to visit near you before you move back home, but most of all there are many hugs & kisses I'd like to give and get from all of you!!!!!
Now I would love to see something similar, except about 12 times as long, of the 23 years in Boise!
Let's see, that makes you about 25 years old, right?
Colorado seems to be one of those magical places where everyone wants to be. My brother and his family are in Denver and LOVE it.
What a blessing you guys are in our lives!!! It was a challenge for me to move here too, away from family, but it has been friends like you that have made it such a fabulous place to be. Thanks for being such a great friend!!!
Oh, this looks wonderful. I really miss you and want to come there. Maybe you should come here, and then take me home with you!
I'm so glad you moved to Colorado Springs and I got to know you and your family before I moved away! I miss you! My first memory of you was you teaching Relief Society and saying you were going to give out candy bars and soda to insure we listened and I thought, "now this is someone I definitely need to know better"! I am a better woman for knowing you! Thanks for being such a great example for me. Come to Norway so I can say it to your face! Bring all your friends.
Robin, you're the best. I'm so glad that you are here! My first Sunday at church you were asked to teach the R.S. lesson last minute, and during that lesson I thought "WOW! this woman has it all together!". You are a great example to me, and you always make me laugh. Ike is such a great kid and I'm so glad Brody has him for a friend. We love you guys!
Co Springs is so fun. Those pictures are terrific.
Maybe we'll come live there again. I liked it... mostly.
:)
AWWWW! So Great Robin! I know that Jen is SO glad that you are there in Colorado Springs!! and *GASP*!!!! That is Mary Ellen Edmonds!!!!!!!!! You really ARE one of my HEOR's!!!! You are friends and are in a picture with MARY ELLEN EDMONDS!!!!!!!!!!! *star struck!*... Ü
my in-laws just moved to CO, this post makes me very excited to come visit
Post a Comment