Sunday, July 6, 2008

I'm Back!

I haven't posted for over 2 weeks because of girl's camp and a family reunion. But here I am, unexpectedly, at a hotel in Boise waiting for Roland to have surgery on his eye. Last night we were at a pool in Garden Valley. Roland and Jason (bil) created a competitive water game called "Noodle Ball" and in the heat of the competition Roland got smacked in the face with a wet pool noodle (roland is working on a better story than the noodle one...it will probably have ATV's, a shot gun, and ax throwing in it). It tore his retina and he is having surgery tomorrow morning. It will be fine. He has gone through this before. It is a bummer because it takes us away from the reunion but we are so grateful that he didn't lose any eye sight.

If I knew that I was going to have time to blog I would have brought my camera and down loaded pictures. I have lots of fun stuff to blog about. We just got internet at the cabin so I should be blogging later this week.

I love Boise.

8 comments:

diane said...

Sorry for the curve ball. I hope it all goes well. I tried to come up with a better story for my broken leg...alpine slide, shark bite, moose attack. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Kimberly said...

I've been wondering where you were!!! I thought that was one long girls camp, and I've sure missed your posting :-) Sorry about Roland's eye! If I knew what hotel you were at, I would probably be crashing your party right now. I have totally missed you and REALLY hope I get to see you sometime this month!

Anonymous said...

i wish i knew you were in boise. i was just there this last weekend for the holiday. plus my niece got baptized and it was my sisters birthday. a whole lot of celebrating going on. it would have been fun to see you. i hope the surgery goes well for roland.

Melissa said...

So Sorry to hear about Roland! Hope things go smoothly and he is seeing well soon!

Can't wait to see pictures and hear a full report.
xoxox

Holly said...

Glad to see you back! So sorry about Roland's eye. Good luck!

Paige said...

That Jason is a monster. So happy he didn't take out the eye forever. He should just practice saying it, "I got hit with a wet noodle."

Katrina said...

Ok, ummmm....so does it bother anyone else that he's gone through this before? Does Roland regularly tear his retina? Maybe he should just use one of his old stories instead of being whacked by a wet noodle. It sounds like a mother punishing her child by whipping them with a wet noodle. Sorry to Roland though. We'll be thinking of ya'! Well, ok, it will pretty much be me thinking of ya' since I'm the only one in this family that reads your blog- which, by the way, I have missed.

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

Ok, so when are you coming home already?? I miss you, Sam misses Ike and we just aren't the same here in COS. come home! Sorry about Roland, I will pretend I didn't know what really happened so he can tell me his very scary story of a giant eagle attack or something....take care you guys