
Roland is okay now. The doctor warned us that the surgery is only 80% effective. That doesn't sound very good does it? Well, Roland is part of the lucky 80%. They actually had to freeze part of his eye to fix the tear. He still has a headache and lots of floaters in his eye. He says it looks like 10,000 pinpoint dots floating around and he thinks he is constantly being swarmed by little bees. - that will fade in the next 2-3 months. He will be fine.
We have high speed internet at the cabin but I have no way to download photos. I am typing this at the cabin and then, after everyone wakes up, we will head over to the Crouch Library to see if I can download all my pictures. If you see pictures on the blog you will know that I was successful.
Crouch is the little town about 4 miles from the cabin (no stoplight, 2 bars, 4 churches, a grocery mart and a hardware store that has EVERYTHING you can thing of) . I will blog later about the 4th of july in Crouch. It is dangerous.
The townfolks want to change the name "Crouch" to "Garden Valley" because it sounds fancier and richer. I am opposed to changing the name but they don't care about my opinion (even though I pay the new property tax too!). I will continue to call it Crouch as will anyone who wants to eat at the cabin.
Going into Crouch is fun. The drive there is on dirt roads (from the cabin) but they have pavement right in front of the Merc and the Longhorn Saloon. You usually get to see a horse tied to a store front, tattoos in various states of aging, friendly dogs, handsome young rafters, motor cycle clubs with bald tanned men and their enhanced young girlfriends, and real cowboys and cowgirls.
The Crouch Library is in an old house with creaking floors and low ceilings. There is one cheerful librarian and one grumpy librarian. I love them both. They are nice to me even though I have to make a heavy "Late/Missing Fee" donation at the end of every summer. They are collecting aluminum cans to help build a new library.
They have three computers that you can use. It is on these computers that I will try to download pictures. I hope it works.
9 comments:
Darn, not working. you should totally sue the guy who hurt Roland's eye. I hear they have a sweet house in Danville.
I actually think the guy who hurt Roland's eye is a 15 year old kid with $180 in his mission savings fund. He is sweet and cute and worried about his Uncle Roland who so very tactfully deflected blame so as not to scar my sweet son.
I hope Roland doesn't sue him and I hope the 10,000 bees all fly away soon.
I'm so glad to hear Roland's eye repair went well. That is very scary ... I can only imagine ... one good eye and then get the cornea torn in it.
I don't know, but they are doing amazing things with eyes now. In time perhaps they'll develop some way to bring back some of the lost vision.
Anyway, we've been praying for Roland.
-Dave
I am glad Roland's eye is doing better. How weird to see all sorts of little dots. I also hope Ike's mouth is no loner sore. By the way, Crouch seems like a fun town. I will have to check it out next time we are up there.
I'm glad everything went well! I love love love crouch! I will be so sad if they rename it. My grandparents have had a cabin in terrace lakes my entire life. I have fond memories of that entire area. There's just no where else like it! Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation accident free!
My dad had detatched retinas. I remember something about rubberbands around his eyeballs. It was the 70's.
Glad the procedure was a success!
I love the name of your cabin town. Does that make you the Hidden Dragon?
I'm glad I stopped back by to see these pictures. With the beautiful artwork on his eye patch, I'll be surprised if he even wants to take it off when his eye is better :-)
We miss you terribly here in Colorado!! Don't get too comfortable there in Idaho. Hurry home!!! So sorry to hear about Rolands eye.
glad he is OK. I love the 'faux eye'. I think when he gets back I'll call him "Captain Rolland". I just watched pirates of the carribean again...
Post a Comment