The kids make fun of me because I love this show. They laugh because I watch the entire show in 8 minutes (love DVR/Tivo) and if the guest cries at her reveal, I cry too. Pathetic.
Why do I love this show? Because I WANT TO LOOK 10 YEARS YOUNGER.
All my life, growing up, I heard people say, "No! This is your mom? She must be your sister!" -yeah, I know that is a total sales technique and we mostly heard it in clothing stores, but still - no one has ever accused me of looking like Hannah's sister.
Suzanne and daughter (sister?) MacKenzie. Suzanne told me she didn't like this picture (and she is prettier in real life) but it is the only one I have. I hope she doesn't make me take it off the blog.
And then there is my dear friend Suzanne. She is probably the most beautiful woman I know. She is older than me and looks 10 years younger than me.
Yesterday Jamie Curtis was on Oprah. She wasn't nude in the Old People magazine. But she is 49 (much much much older than me - way older) and looks 10 years younger and she is saying,
Don't even get me started on "What Not To Wear". That is a great show. It has changed the way I shop.
Disclaimer: I don't really watch TV. I am too busy to watch TV and I only watch TV when folding laundry, polishing silver, and eating.

8 comments:
I love that picture of mom and dad. It is iconic. The picture of Suzanne isn't working on my browser. And Jamie Lee looks good, but why did she go grey if she's only 49? I don't get it.
Robin, you are a mega-babe. You look gorgeous all the time.
But, have you read the book? Because I checked it out of the library (Charla Krupp?) I currently look 24. (well, maybe 25 because I'm not willing to part with my toe ring.) (apparently trying to be hip makes you look old. Who knew? Well, probably you since you watch the show.)
I love the image of Noah, I can totally see him doing that.
Your Mom is stunning. I love that photo. I have a framed b&w of Dave on the beach at about... 2? Kristen is in the background in a portacrib with a bonnet. Very sweet.
The show "What Not to Wear" is AWESOME!!! I quote it and live by it. I have learned so many things from it and it cracks me up. But, I should probably stop watching it with Kaylee because she is becoming quite the little Stacy. When she watches it, she beats Stacy to the punch. For instance, on one show a girl was wondering if she should tuck in her shirt. Kaylee looked at the TV, shook her head, rolled her eyes, and said "You would NEVER tuck that shirt in with those pants. Come on!!" Stacy basically said the exact same thing. She also tells me "what not wear" by looking me up and down and saying, "Are you really going to wear that" or "Let me find something for you to wear." She is only 6 years old and I already have a little fashionista on my hands.
Your mom is a hottie, and I see why people thought you two were sisters- you are both ridiculously good looking.
I guess that's what 49 looks like if you're airbrushed.
I HATE magazines that have photo shoots that say "this is the real me"- because no one knows the botox, the photo facials, and the amounts of photoshop evolved.
This months OK magazine which says, "How Brittany lost 15 lbs fast" is hilarious, because the way she lost 15 lbs is that OK used pictures for the spread that was taken in 2005!
Don't ask me how I know these things.
I certainly am glad that pic of my with Kenzie didn't come through...it is darling of my beautiful, recently married Kenzie, but I look like I am dead asleep at age 49!? (a sympton, I understand, of old age?!) It simply doesnt' belong on this amazingly beautiful and very young looking blog! It (the blog) does remind of how much I miss you and your family, Robin...can't wait for July! I thought of your darling Hannah on her birthday...give our best wishes!
Love you tonz! Suzanne
Now I know where you get your Betty-ness from. You and your mom look alike! I DVR the same shows, watch them while Liam is napping, and cry at the reveals. And Yes, I live by the rules on what not to wear. I would run away with Clinton if I wasn't married, and I was 100% sure he wasn't gay. I have fantasies about Nick Arojo (sp?) giving me a cut and color. Hooray for strait leg pants and structured jackets!!
Oh- Working in the magazine biz, she (Jamie) is totally "enhanced" as we say. The healing brush works wonders, trust me. I do it on myself in our Chirstmas cards. I have thought seriously about starting to offer "enhancement" services around November... Any takers?
I think I remember looking like that in 1965. Dang, was I cute!
Rachel, does the healing brush also remove 50 pounds?? Would that be the opposite of "enhanced?"
Poor gray Jamie Lee, maybe along with suffering from anorexic malnutrition (certainly not my ailment)she's allergic to the pigment in hair color like myself?
I recently discovered a real life healing hair brush: wigs! hooray! Maybe people will think I'm Robin's sister once again (if she ever really moves back to Boise so we can go clothes shopping again. When did we last do that? When she was 17? Or when we were looking for her wedding gown?)
Maybe on my blog I'll comment on the recent fun with wigs. sometime in the future. sometime after the taxes are done.
Suzanne: YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING! Will you just go look in the mirror darling? gheesh. You are gorgeous!
Post a Comment