Sunday, August 25, 2013

Nutella vs. Spinach

I have had 3 spoonfuls of Nutella in the last 12 hours. You know, just dig that spoon into the jar and enjoy. Dangerous behavior. But I used the small spoon. The spoons here come in two sizes: serving spoon and baby food spoon. I haven't found "normal" size spoons. I used the baby spoon but still, it was pretty well loaded up.

Last night Roland and Ike walked to the families they home teach. Both families live a block away which is obviously very convenient. In fact, I walk most everyplace I go, but still have to be careful about that Nutella. It and Lays BBQ Chips are the only junk food that tastes the same as what we had back home. NOT that I am trying out all kinds of junk food. Nope. Not me. Seriously, it is very bad junk food here. Bad as in not yummy.

But the produce! Let me gush about the produce! Except the spinach I put in the smoothies tastes like fresh mowed grass and that worries me. What are they fertilizing that spinach with? Do I need to sanitize the "organic" spinach before eating it raw?

Probably safer to stick with the Nutella.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Nutella is not safe in my house. BBQ chips are safe. I'm not a huge fan of BBQ flavored items.

Tell me more about Singaporean junk food! Is it like BBQ flavored dried squid?

Anonymous said...

My observation has been anywhere that is an Island has kind of funny tasting food. How is the water there?

Lisa said...

Bread Talk!! Have you tried that yet? And go to a gold class movie and order some popcorn. Very homey junk food, but even better!!

ang :o) said...

When we went to China to get Flower, I got really sick due to the air quality, my asthma and probably stress. I couldn't eat anything. All I wanted was comfort food from home. The only thing I found that tasted anything like home was dove chocolate bars. None of the other candy bars were at all the same. To this day, right around the end of January, I start craving dove chocolate bars! :)