It is the first time I've left home without a return ticket. I didn't realise this until we were flying out of Tokyo to our new home in Singapore. Home, right now, is a trendy modern hotel on the river front green belt area. We go house hunting next week and by we I mean me and Ike. Roland will be very busy with his new job.
Singapore is not at all like Mexico, or Europe, or China, or Israel or any other place I have ever been. Maybe a little like NYC except more beautiful and clean and friendly. Such nice people everyplace. The locals are as friendly as the expats. I think this will be fun.
We have been here 30 hours and we have been all over town. Roland isn't much for sleeping in. Today we are off to church and then for a taxi ride around the Woodlands area of the island where Ike's school and our home will be.
I need to figure out the metric system.
I hope to post photos soon. Three weeks is not enough time to move with any sort of organization. Towards the end of the move I was madly throwing stuff into 12 random suitcases (yes, that is how many suitcases we took on the plane) and have no idea where anything is and I am still too tired to figure it all out so the camera cables could be any place! I haven't brushed my hair in 2 days because I can't find my brush.
Life is good.
4 comments:
We miss you so much, but we are glad you are happy and safe. Sam has had a really hard time, but I am so grateful for technology!! Tomorrow will be my first day taking over for you...BIG shoes to fill. Love you guys, Paula.
Haha this was a great read. Glad you guys made it. Good luck with the metric system and the hairbrush!
You are so inspiring!
I'm glad you posted this. I'm glad you live on the river. I'm glad you took a walk at 3:00am. I'm glad you are safe. I wish I was there with you!
Post a Comment