Wednesday, May 23, 2012

50

Its hard to believe, but, Roland is 50 today. 

We are celebrating in San Pedro, Belize. 

It was supposed to be a surprise trip but I ended up telling him about 50 times, by mistake.
I've never been good at secrets. 

I love this man. He is a good man. Better than a good man. A great man.

Here's to the first 50 Years:

 

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday DAD! I love you. Mom, this slideshow was perfect. much much love :)

9x9 hannah

Linsey said...

Happy Birthday! I hope y'all are enjoying your trip.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Roland!! I hope it is truly spectacular and full of great memory making!

This is a sweet and touching tribute to such a great guy! I found myself feeling so thankful to have Roland in our family and to have learned so much from him.

Robin, you did an amazing job on that video - Roland has aged well with you by his side. :)

Melissa said...

Happy Day Roland! You are a great guy! How fun to look at all those photos. Oh, your babies! :)


xoxox

Emily said...

Dear Roland, from the bottom of my heart, I love you. You are so dear and special to me. Happy 50 years young!

And to Robin: James Taylor + memories and photos of Roland = tears and snot. Seriously, you pulled out the big guns. Did you think there was even a chance for a dry eye? NO.

Love you both, have a wonderful time in Belize.

xoxo
Emily

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Roland! Can't wait to hear about your trip and all the fun. Some of my favorite stories already are about how crappy Robin is at keeping a secret! Too funny! You are amazing Robin and Roland is so lucky to have you!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i am not family but i watched the whole thing. i should be family now.

it was cool to watch your family age together. what full lives you lead. good stuff.

happy belated birthday to your man. great job on the video.

Robin said...

Ok Andrea - you are now family.