Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

When I realised that Hannah, Gabe, and Noah couldn't come home for Easter this year I was sad.
So I made my own big family for Easter by inviting the Ovards, Phipps, Nixons, and Grandma Jennie over for a feast. 
It was noisy and crowded and there was way too much food.
Just the way I like it.





 This is our handsome Air Force Academy Cadet, Michael. We are lucky to sponsor him and play
the role of a family for him as he is far far away from his family. 
He is crazy smart, super fit, and just as polite as a person can be. I put him to work chopping
veggies, setting the tables, and then I taught him how to make knot rolls 
(they are knot rolls).

 Mike, who can do anything difficult, kinda struggled with this. 
He said this was harder than speaking Arabic. 
:)
The last few he made turned out lovely.


 Did I mention that we had 21 people? There was a Yellow Table (for grown ups).

a Pink Table 
(from left: Jacob, Andrew, Logan, Ike, Caden, and Casey)

 and a Green Table
(From Left: Taylor, Eric, Mike, Claire)

I love a kitchen full of hungry people!




Claire, the only girl with all those goofy boys, found the Money Egg! 
The moms were so proud!

Sweet Julie made me this darling blackboard as an Easter gift. Roland put it up and filled it in.


Happy Easter!