Alaska:
That's my baby carrying a shot gun and running with the foxes.
Teaching her students about bear safety.
You've heard about Alaskan women. It's all true.
She spent her summer working for the Student Conservation Association as a field director in Alaska. She started way out there on the Alaskan peninsula directing a team of students while they reestablished an old Indian trail.
Hannah (left) and her first group in Becharof, Alaska (yes, she carried a gun all summer)
With her second crew, North of Palmer, Alaska.
Palmer Girls
Two of Hannah's students.
Addis Ababa:
Then she came home for roughly 2 weeks of R&R before heading off to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I think she was pretty turned around by the time she got there, but she has been working hard to build a camping program for the Onesimuscda Orphanage. Their first camping trip is this weekend. We are so excited for her! And proud.
My sweet Hannah. Oh, I miss her so much!
Conducting a Peace Corps training.
Horse drawn transportation.
Tiny Ethiopian Horse Riding
Our friend, Casey Nixon, is doing his Eagle project to help the orphanage by collecting soccer shoes and uniforms. The shipping is about $80 for 10 lbs. If you feel so inclined, you are welcome to make a donation. Just email me and I will give you his information.
Internet access in Addis Ababa is limited, as you can imagine. But Hannah has a blog where she does a pretty good job of keeping it real. Her description of home sickness is spot on :( but she is over that now :).
Check it out : http://adventuresofmisshannah.wordpress.com/
She can't access blogger blogs, so if you want to leave her an encouraging word, leave it on her blog.
:)













6 comments:
Hannah is amazing and I love every one of these pictures! Thanks so much for posting them, she is a sight for sore eyes. xox
And that's my grandbaby, who I think is pretty terrific!
Loved this post and photos. I miss her.
I wish all women would carry guns. I'd feel safer. Outstanding Hannah!
I loved reading about Hannah. She amazes me!
I thought Grandpa Steimle was dead, but I see here that he is watching and blogging from beyond the grave. :) Just Kidding, I just wasn't expecting "Cousin Larry" to be "Grandpa Steimle". :)
so fun to see. Hard to believe she has grown so. Uncle doug
Where are you?? Please blog.
Post a Comment