Friday, October 7, 2011

Odds and Ends

 Hannah was home a few weeks ago before she ran off to Alaska. We never get enough
 time with Hannah. She is coming home tonight for quick visit before she runs off to Etheopia. 
I plan to baby her and let her sleep in as much as she wants.


Ike is super busy with band and basketball. He starts basketball at 5:45 AM and gets home from band around 4:30, 
sometimes as late as 9 PM. And he is pulling down all A's. I am proud of the boy. 
He craves sleep and the volcano burrito from Taco Bell.
 The band is doing awesome and will get it's own post soon.

Roland and I ran away to the cabin for some R & R last weekend.
 He took some lawyers rafting while I listened to the Saturday conference session 
and started a paint by numbers project:



I had to leave it unfinished, waiting for my next visit, and that makes me feel very anxious
to get back to it. Paint By Numbers is even more addicting than puzzles.

I got a new phone with an awesome camera and I am learning how to use it. 
Here are a few learning pictures from the cabin trip:

Portrait Mode - At the Boise Brick Oven Bistro


Macro Mode - Coreopsis on the septic field garden (SFG)

SFG - Fever Few

SFG Peppermint

 SFG Sage

 Action Mode - Patriotic Fish (see the little heart on the tail?)

 Panoramic Mode (my favorite mode!) Front Porch View

 Inside View


It is a great phone/camera! 
But I still don't know how to speed dial.

1 comment:

diane said...

Makes me want to take up painting by numbers. I haven't done that since I was a kid. I can't believe that those pictures were taken with your phone.