I have planter fasciitis and it hurts. So I need better shoes but I am a weird shoe size between 10 - 11. 10 is too small and 11 is too big and hardly anyone makes 10.5. I have been shoe shopping for weeks now. Yesterday I went to REI and that was a good idea - lots of very good supportive shoes and good help too. Finally I found a cute pair (Dansk) that fit and felt good. Yay! So I started walking around to test them out and FELL DOWN.
Those comfortable, perfect fit shoes have a narrow heel. Arrggghhh! I am not a steady person. I fall down easily. I need big fat flared out heels. I almost bought the shoes but then visions of me falling down at the library, King Soopers, airports, and high school band concerts came to mind and decided it was not worth the risk. Am I destined to wear tennis shoes forever? Will I never have a darling outfit with shoes that match?
Poor me.
Here is my list for good shoes:
- Cute
- Size 10.5
- High arch support
- No exposed toes (I can't do airports with exposed toes - makes me feel weak - too many opportunities for damage to feet)
- Cute
Let me know if you see these anyplace, OK?
4 comments:
I suggest shopping at The Walking Company or Trade Home for a good fit. They won't hard sell and you can return them after wearing them for a week if you don't like them. Try European sizes.
DSW has a wide range of sizes including half sizes and also really good brands. And since you are an unusual size there should be plenty to pick from in the clearance area. They have a good rewards program too.
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually went to Trade Home today and got 2 new pairs of shoes - both cute and super comfy!
Zappos.com has 7,272 shoes in size 10.5 I bet at least 12 of them meet your requirements. (wink)
If you can find a brand and fit that you like, Zappos might carry other styles of that brand.
xoxo
Emily
Post a Comment