Sunday, October 3, 2010

Houston, We Have Another Eagle

Quotes from the day Ike earned his Eagle Scout Award:
1) When we asked him  how he felt when Bro Biers stated that he had passed the board of review, Ike told us later that "I thought I was going to pass out"
2) When Bro. Biers asked Ike where he was going to take his parents out to celebrate, Ike stated "I don't know but I guess you want me the be Thrifty". (note: Ike wasn't exactly sure what Thrifty meant relative to Scout Law questioning.)
3) "This was the busiest week of my life" Ike Smith
4) "I am glad this is over but I do want to get all my eagle palms" Ike Smith
5) While buying butter with Robin in Walmart (with his uniform on) after the board of review:  
  • Ike: " We will probably get a discount on the butter"
  • Robin: "Why?"
  • Ike: Because I am an Eagle Scout
6) While walking around Red Robin he said "I feel like a pro in my scout uniform and everyone saying, "hey! He's an Eagle Scout!"


Ike got his Eagle 5 days before his 14th birthday.

He's pretty proud of himself.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Good for Ike! I love all the quotes. You all look great!

Cumorah said...

What an accomplishment! And no more scouting for you! Whew! That's got to feel good! {I hope he really did get a discount on that butter. I've got to start telling the checkers at wal-mart that my hubbie is an eagle scout. Who couldn't use a discount there?}

Emily said...

I love this post. I posted congratulations on his FB page.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Kudos to Ike for getting his Eagle so young! I loved his comment, "its been the busiest week of my life".

Floyd Family said...

Congrats to Master Ike! Man Robin...I think the last thing I remember talking to you about with scouting before you moved, was that you couldn't seem to figure out how to make the badges stay on the uniform! What an amazing Scout Mom you have become...I need lessons and pep talks...alot! Thanks for sharing the journey!

Lisa said...

Yay Ike! I'm so impressed... I still haven't gotten my eagle :)

Melissa said...

GO ISAAC!!! (and Robin and Roland and scout leaders!!) What a fantastic accomplishment. :)

Linsey said...

I have lived through 3 eagle projects and I know that you and Roland are the real stars of this accomplishment. No matter how hard the eagle recipient works, or how much he wants it, committed parents are the reasons eagles are received. Good work and congratulations to all 3 of you!