EVENT ONE :
The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of excitement with Noah. On Monday night we held his senior recital. We searched for a concert hall on our side of town and finally let his teacher talk us into holding it at our house.
We borrowed 40 chairs from the church. And then we stuffed 70 people into our house. It was a civilized crowd who was lookin for some culture. And they got it.
Noah had his piano students play too. It was the largest crowd they had ever played for.
His Playlist:
Bach - Prelude no. 20 in A minor
List - St Francoise de Paule Merchant sur le Flots (10 minute piece about St Francis walking on water)
Prokofiev - Sonata no. 2 mvt III
Rachmaninov - Etudes Tableaux . 4-6 opus 33
Thanks to everyone who came and paid attention to my son. He loved it!
EVENT TWO:
Roland and Noah and I loaded up in the Buick and headed off to Philmont Scout Ranch to see if we could wrangle a job for Noah. He had been told no 2 times. But we Smiths aren't quitters. It was the last chance that we had to see Hannah before she heads off to the back country - so we thought we'd try to force Noah on them while we were there.
Guess what?
Guess!
They liked him almost as much as we do! And they want him to start working on his 18th birthday. This is even cooler than you know. So cool. He hopes to get a job as the 1910's pianist in a old west cantina in the back country.
If he gets that job then he can grow a beard like this guy. If he can grow a beard.
Noah has to get ready for lots of back packing. Carrying Hannah around was a good start.
A job at Philmont is just the neatest thing. If you have the opportunity to go there you are lucky! We are so happy for him! Pretty soon he will be wearing a red shirt like these guys:
Hannah is in front of the bronze boy scout.
This is where we stayed. It is a B&B and I highly recommend. The mountain in the back of the picture is the Tooth of Time. I want to go to there.
Three Cheers for Noah!
This is where we stayed. It is a B&B and I highly recommend. The mountain in the back of the picture is the Tooth of Time. I want to go to there.
Three Cheers for Noah!













4 comments:
I love everything about this post, and I miss you and your family.
xoxo
YAY!
What a great post. it made me smile many times. What great pictures and news.
I hope Noah gets to be the olde-timey piano guy.
I love the picture of the 4 of you. Love Hannah on Noah's shoulders. Hannah sure is purdy.
That's awesome!
I wish we could have joined your audience! It looks like a wonderful gathering. :)
xoxox
Post a Comment