Beehive camp can be a scary undertaking. Most of those 12/13 year old girls have never been away from home for more than a night so we haul them up to the mountains, feed them strange food, and learn all sorts of outdoor skills and hope they will be happy the whole time.
We cleared brush at the new Camp Joseph, we had a wonderful musical program that was very moving, we laughed and laughed at skits that made no sense. We made new friends and learned about how strong and capable we are. We screamed down the zipline and laughed late at night.
The beautiful stake camp leaders.
lots of goofy skits. We stake leaders had some late nights with puking girls, a 12 year old who couldn't sleep and needed to let us know, and general worry and concern for the welfare of the camp.
We learned to start fires, shoot guns,
launch arrows, solve problems on the low ropes course, purify water, and identify cloud formations.
We went on a first aid hike where we found lots of injured YCLs who needed our first aid help.
12 comments:
I've never heard of Beehive camp. My daughter was a ycl this year and loved it. Those girls are lucky to have you. I bet you held their hair back when they puked. You look cute in your rolled up boyfriend jeans.
What fun! Girls just wanna have fun, right? Hee hee
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
oh man, i miss girls camp! i see all those little beehives and i remember all the dorkiness and confusion, and the great retreat found at girls' camp. being at a camp full of beehive's must have been so honest, and less confusing because the older girls aren't around to be 15 and 16 year old girls.
it must have been sweet and dorky.
did you mother nature?
I've been on a break and had to go cack and catch up with your idyllic life. BTW...didn't know you had a Master's...in what?
I have never heard of Beehive camp! We just do the whole stake at once. More drama that way and drama always makes for fun!!
You had the summer of my dreams.
I was thinking about your "Mother Nature" the other day. I hope you did it for the little beehives. It's priceless.
Great photos! Thanks for making a difference in the lives of future women!
smiles
DarLie
what a great idea! beehive camp sounds so fun!!
Thank you so much for being an awesome camp director! I know Alyssa had a great time and loved it! Thanks for all the hard work and fun!
Hi Robin... I posted above as The Blue Ridge Gal but wanted to let you know that my blog name has changed to Snappy Finger. Come see when you have time.
*smiles and waves*
DI
Snappy
http://snappyfinger.blogspot.com/
Beautiful girls! So fun, you are lucky!
oh that looks like so much fun! it makes me miss last years camp! i wish we could rewind time and go back and have another great week!! I bet you did such a great job!!! You are the best! Love and miss you!!!
Awesome. It looks like you did an amazing job. GOOD JORB. You deserve lots of positive feedback!
Post a Comment