Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fish Tales

Roland has just returned from his evening fly fishing date with a big fish story that is probably true. There is a new fishing hole down river that promises a great beach in about 2 years, but right now it is the hot hang out for trout. He can't stop talking about how cool it is. He says things like "I could get use to this!"

Right now he is sorting through his fishing gear and telling me how many times the fish jumped before he released it. Four times.

Ike is trying on Roland's fishing dry suit and has the fever to fish. Roland is giving him a tour of the flies and Ike is actually interested. They are rushing out the door with a new set of flies. I think Mayflies are the thing right now. I know that mosquitoes are out too. I know that.

There is a shallow calm creek that runs in front of the cabin, it is warm compared to the river, and it empties into the river with a wide shallow sandy area. After a work morning of fixing the deck, mowing, taking down the old hammocks, and clearing brush we sat our lawn chairs in the sandy water and soaked for a while. A friendly group of kayakers paddled past and hollered "Hello!'
They floated right over the trout hole.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I want to go to there!

(Tina Fey, 30 Rock)

Sally said...

Awesome!

I love seeing how the river changes it's route every year.