The egg hunt happened in the basement because we got 4 inches of snow on Easter Morning. The cousins looked for that $20 egg for over an hour. They found 70 other eggs with candy and cash - but not the big money egg. Finally Roland gave them clues that narrowed the search to one corner of the basement. There were 9 people searching an area the size of your master bathroom and still, no success. Roland was very pleased with his egg hiding skills. VERY pleased. He picked up the drum sticks as a clue. Everyone searched the drum set - no egg. With the drama of a magician, Roland pulled the $20 egg out of the high hat.
It about made Chad crazy. He thought the high hat was broken while he was drumming and he was SO CLOSE to the cold hard cash. It was great.
7 comments:
ok -SO mart! $20 egg - I'll have to remember that one for sure! I wish e were all there for the concert - what a blessing to be able to hear all the time. Happy Easter girlfriend!!!
I said so 'smart' right? lol
I love that Ike will still let Roland cuddle him :) I hope my boys never grow old for a Sunday afternoon cuddle. Yes, Bro. Tran's talk was amazing. Well to be honest, with my two boys bugging eachother and me I heard very little of the talk but I just knew I was missing something great from the words here and there that I heard.
I wish I could have been there, but we were up in Denver. So all your family in Denver and I am glad they made it int he snow. The $20 egg was a great idea!!
I need to try that next year. My kid boycotted the egg hunt. She thinks it is stupid to do it by herself. Poor, pitiful princess.
We have a $20 egg too! This year it was marked and 4 of the 5 kids who were hunting were told not to "find" it. The one who it was for because he is flat broke never made it home to hunt for it. Sad but true. I used the $20 egg for Subway tonight between soccer games. (which poor broke child didn't show up for either).
Your Easter looks like it was wonderful. I wish I could have sat next to Wade and heard the music.
Post a Comment