We are at the cabin in Idaho. It was a 12 hour drive to get here. I packed car snack food: M&Ms, oranges, chocolate covered pretzels, and almonds. Everyone knows that the food isn't really meant to fill you up, it is to keep you alert and awake, right? You suck the candy coating off the m&ms and eat the orange slowly, section by section, you relish each chocolate pretzel, unless you are Roland. I watched as he put an entire handful of M&M's in his mouth and ate it before we had traveled 1 mile. I peeled an orange and gave him half and he shoved the entire thing in his mouth!. I was able to make my half of the orange last at least 15 miles.
When i explained how wrong he is to eat that way he just smiled at me, grabbed the Cheetos bag and poured it into his mouth. We have been married 24 years and it still surprises me that he eats SO FAST.
If we could drive as fast as he eats we could make it to the cabin in 2 hours instead of 12.
.......................................
Yesterday Hannah and I went for a walk in the wetlands area behind the cabin. The frogs are mating and they send out a booty call in the evening. We happened upon the pond right before the booty call. We were walking along, me telling Hannah what to do with her life (I'm good at that) when suddenly we heard a very loud frog ribbit, well it wasn't really a ribbit, more like a moan. It made us laugh, and a bird answered the frog, the frog and bird flirted for a while.
Then, all over the marsh frogs started chirping, ribbiting, and moaning all around us. It was loud and made us stop in our tracks. We didn't dare move or talk as we were surrounded by the frog booty call. It was surreal. Then as suddenly as it started, it stopped.
You could go someplace outrageous in the Amazon rain forest and not experience anything better than the frog booty call in Garden Valley ID.
5 comments:
But it's so hot in the Amazon that my M&Ms would melt... you'd have to eat them fast there Roland!!!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
*grins*
I always have a hard time rationing road trip food :-) My favorite road trip food is grapes! Anyway, glad you got to go to the cabin!!
This is funny! I bet it kind of freaked you both out! I'd be worried about frogs suddenly jumping out at me. I'm weird about nature though...
Wish we were at the cabin with you.
Your frog story is freaking funny.
Leaping Lizards!
#1. Isn't it funny how we're so different? My road trip food is candy, pop and LOTS of it. Dan likes apples, grapes and deli sandwiches. How boring!
#2. Thinking about frogs mating makes me want to throw up all of my candy, pop, apples, grapes and sandwiches. But then again, i AM pregnant....
Post a Comment